Vibes needed for Vidia

gapeach

Big Mutts
We brought home a new foster Thursday, a beautiful tortoiseshell kitten. As usual (from our shelter here) she has a URI. The vet is keeping her until Monday due to fever and congestion.

On a lighter note....the shelter named her Tinkerbell because she is so tiny. However after seeing how fast she ATE a hole in her cardboard carrier (and then proceeded to climb out said hole) I renamed her Vidia, after the fastest flying fairy.
She cannot stand to be crated...meows like crazy and bites, scratches like a fiend to get out. But when you hold/pet her she's SO gentle and purrs like crazy. Very sweet baby.

Anyway any vibes, thoughts, prayers are welcome.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thank you! The vet's office said she is eating, which is more than I could get her to do. Hopefully she'll be well enough to come home tomorrow.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Vidia has still not made it home from the vet. Saturday morning they told me she was eating. But evidently Saturday night and Sunday she did not. They are trying to determine if it's because she's sick or from the stressful enivronment. I just want to bring her home! I'm very worried!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Stop worrying your foster mom, Vidia!

That is odd that they won't let her come home just because she isn't eating, especially if you are comfortable force feeding her if needed. I feel like most animals that don't eat do to being ill do better in a home environment (if their owner is capable of giving the meds/force feeding) than at a clinic.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I know! I got acquainted with force feeding with Penny, one of our first fosters. It seems like she was much worse than Vidia, her eyes were even swollen. I force fed her kitten milk with a medicine dropped every two hours.
I'm worried that whoever does their night care isn't trying as much as they could. I wouldn't take no for an answer!
At this point I guess it's not up to me....we're fostering this one through a different group (not by choice) and the lady doesn't keep in contact as well as our usual rescue lady.
If I could choose I'd bring her home....but all I can do is worry and try not to drive the vet staff crazy by calling.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sending lots of vibes that the kitty starts eating and comes home to you soon where there's lots of love.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thanks Barb. The vet said today she is eating better but not enough to come home. I asked if I could visit her...but apparently she':(:(s still considered ICU, and I'm not allowed to see her

Barb04

Super Moderator
That's terrible that you can't go see her. Even in a hospital, you can visit a patient in icu. Sending more healing vibes.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I know!! I really don't like this vet but he's the one all the rescues use, because he charges them less....since they bring in so many.
I just called, they said her congestion is improving but she's still not eating as much as they would like. Spending the night again.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
He charges less, but he keeps the cats for way longer and doesn't let anyone see them - sounds fishy to me. I hope she starts eating soon and she can soon be settling in at her foster home.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Stardogs...yes it is fishy. When you take your pet in for an appt you drop them off and they call you when you can pick them up...noone goes in the back.

Barb. Good news for you
GOOD NEWS: I CAN PICK HER UP TODAY!!!!!
*doing happy dance*

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Stardogs...yes it is fishy. When you take your pet in for an appt you drop them off and they call you when you can pick them up...noone goes in the back.
Wow. Never heard of something like that, though one of my vets did offer 'drop off appointments' it wasn't all appointments that were handled like that.

Barb. Good news for you
GOOD NEWS: I CAN PICK HER UP TODAY!!!!!
*doing happy dance*
YAYYYYY!!! Will we get pics when she's settled in?

gapeach

Big Mutts
She has a uri and herpes. I'm not sure how contagious herpes is for Zoey. She is safely stowed in our bathroom. Mixed her up some kitten milk, wet food,dry food and chicken baby food. She lapped up the milk first but ate quite a bit of food too. She is the sweetest thing, purrs constantly!
Pictures are a little difficult for me...I do all of my online through my kindle and for some reason this site and photobucket won't load my pics from kindle.
I have a desktop that is a dinosaur but I have been meaning to load some anyway...I'll work on that soon.
It wouldn't hurt to keep vibes/prayers going for this baby considering she's still sick and oh my gosh she's tiny!!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Glad to hear she's on the mend!! You can try putting some sardine oil on her food to help cut through the congestion... we put it on the food of our URI cats at work if they're not really eating.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thanks Merico, I'll keep that in mind in case she doesn't keep up her appetite. But so far, so good.

Members online