Hello Everyone

DND

Greetings from Northeast Mississippi. I am the proud owner of Damien, a 6-year old dog that I purchased as an 8-week old puppy. He was advertised in the Jackson, MS Clarion Ledger as a Doberman/Pitbull mix. However, after doing a little research I believe that he has Catahoula Bulldog in him instead of Pitbull because of his merle coat and leopard spotting, skull size and build. Damien weighs 100 lbs.

Damien is a very loving dog who does not know how big he is - he thinks he's a lap-dog. He is very kind and extremely friendly with the family and the people he knows. He is however a little suspicious of new people and it takes him a while to warm to them. While Damien LOVES playing with my dad's two dogs - Aimee (the 7-year old black lab mix who raised him) and Coconut (a 1-year old Boxer mix), he is somewhat hostile towards other dogs and belligerent toward cats (unfortunately).

Damien is very intelligent and communicates his needs very well. If he needs water or food he will carry his bowls around with him making strange sounds. If he wants to go for a walk, he stands at the front door "whisper-barking" at me. He figured out on his own how to pull a screen-door open and run into the house from the backyard at my old house. He did not like being in the yard. Unfortunately, he also figured out how to open the lid to the toilet to drink out of it.

Damien's favorite thing in life is running in a big field with his friends Aimee and Coconut. On the drive over to the rural field, Damien gets so ecstatic that he makes a strange whining noise that sounds like a combination of a dolphin and a wolf howl - a very unique, hilarious sound.

His favorite toy is a Kong Toy - but somehow he has figured out how to destroy the mighty black XL ones.

Damien looks like a Canary Dog (the infamous Presa Canario). He is a very powerful looking dog that draws alot of unwanted attention from people who think that dogs like him are meant to fight. While Damien does have some aggression toward other dogs inherent in his genes, I feel that I am giving him the life, love and dignity that he and all dogs deserve. I could not ask for a better companion than my boy Damien.

There is no such thing as a bad dog - only bad owners. :)

Damien sounds like a wonderful dog! He looks a lot like one my boyfriend had years ago, a Bull Mastiff/Rottie/Catahoula mix. Your description of his personality and little quirks has Mastiff cross all over it! :D My Filas do some similar things and make some of the strangest noises. Shiva talks like Chewbacca. Kharma makes noises like those creatures in the movie, "The Dark Crystal" and they both have learned 'wolfspeak' from Bimmer.

Shiva likes to drink out of the toilet tank, not the bowl, and figured out how to knock the lid off. We gave up and just leave it there. Both girls drink that way now. :rolleyes: Bimmer acts as if he finds them both terribly uncouth. He's right, lol.

Glad to have you and Damien joining us. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Damien and seeing some photos. From what I can see in your avatar, he's a great looking beast!

Members online

No members online now.