Turkey help, please.

nedim

Ok, Thanksgiving is here and theres turkey! lol. What part of the turkey is safe to give to Peanut? Is the neck ok?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
the neck is good, but only raw.

you can feed any part of the turkey raw, but unless a dog is used to it, i'd trim off the skin since it's very fatty.

i dismembered a 22-pound turkey for pet food last night, all the bones (with some meat) will make nice meals for quigley and the ground meat, liver, heart, gizzard etc. was ground/chopped up for cat and dog food. i only set aside a little over a pound of the breast meat to make dinner for 2 humans. :)

DanL

I bought our dogs their own turkey and they had some for dinner last night. Bruzer got half a thigh with the bone, Midnite got a drumstick and the gizzard and liver, Gunnar got an entire drumstick/thigh that was about 2lbs.

I stole the breast off of it though, and cooked it in my smoker yesterday to go with the ham and roast turkey we had.

Brattina88

Maddie took the neck from me when I offered it to her and the literally spit it out and simply would not touch it after that (which is weird because Maddie is a pig and eats everything). My friend said that it has a bitter flavor -- is that true?

bubbatd

I'm selfish !!!! I use it all! Down to making my soup. Chip did get the liver this year ( I've never liked it in my gravy ) and the trimmings from the other " awfuls"....

Members online

No members online now.