White bumps in mouth?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Because Mia apparently cannot just have one issue going on....

So a week or so ago was when I first noticed Mia had a white bump on the roof of her mouth. It is wayyyy back in there to the point you can't see it unless she yawns in your face. I thought it was probably an ulcer of some sort.

But now she's got a whole area of her left cheek that has a half dozen or so white bumps. She has the one at the back left of the roof of her mouth, about 5-6 on her left cheek and one up next to the root of one of her molars on the left side.

I'm wondering if it is canine papilloma? Or it could it be related to her breathing issues (like an infection or something?)

warts2 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

warts by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

DSC_1242 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

I'm definitely bringing it up at the appointment at OSU this week. Just curious if anyone has any insight.

That looks like a lot of the papillomas I've seen... Not sure if that would be a contributing factor to her breathing troubles lately but definitely worth bringing it up! Good luck at the appointment this week.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I have no idea, but I just wanted to say that I'm sending loads of vibes your way :(

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I also vote papillomas. Papillonomas? ;)

The only way I've found to actually get rid of them is the crushing method. Gross and bleeds a bit, but they never come back.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I also vote papillomas. Papillonomas? ;)

The only way I've found to actually get rid of them is the crushing method. Gross and bleeds a bit, but they never come back.
Jones got a papilloma, but it didn't look like that. It was large and flesh colored, but it had like, little fingers growing out of it. (I don't know why, but I would rather pull ticks off of a dog, than LOOK at a papilloma. One of the reasons I am not a vet, lol)

Steven held him down, and held his mouth to where I could get it. Grabbed it with a pair of needle nose pliers and crushed it and twisted it off. Jones never even complained about that part, he was more upset he couldn't reach around to bite Stevens beard :p

Papillomas scare me for whatever reason. It's one of the reasons I'm obsessed at work with cleaning ALL THE THINGS with bleach. If a dog comes in with one, that dog is immediately in ISO, separate food and water bowls, and kennel completely bleached after the dog is gone. No contact with other dogs, no sharing of any bowls of water, and with the new place I'm working, I'm allowed to do all that, PLUS we have an isolation yard that can be bleach pressure washed.

A lot of rambling, but god, I hate hate hate warts and papillomas. I'm also extremely thankful that none of the others seem to have caught the virus from Jones. We have a communal water bowl, and that's the only water bowl here because no one is crated anymore (and Jones only visits occasionally and I always check his mouth lol) but I make sure when Jones is visiting, he gets a separate water bowl, and the one that mine share is picked up. I'm obviously entirely too paranoid, but I don't care.

elegy

overdogged
looks like papillomas to me too. We had 'em bad here at one point. Bean's mouth was just covered. Luce looked like she was growing fangs out of the back of her throat. Mushroom had none. Go figure.

I had a foster dog get awful papillomas. Fortunately all but one cluster were inside his mouth so he still looked mostly cute. But the insides of his lips and cheeks looked like a cauliflower patch.

I have never heard of crushing/twisting them off and would probably be way too squeamish to try it. Ferdy's went away on their own within about 2 weeks.

He and Venice still shared a water bowl, and mouth wrestled, and made out, and she never got them. Meh.

Members online

No members online now.