Chaz puppies of 2013

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Four months is ages!! And she might not even take...

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the dam of the litter I'm on a wait list for to even come into heat. I don't need to remember that breedings may not take, or there may not be male puppies! SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

FG167

A close friend is whelping a litter of Malinois pups and she wants me to get one...this summer. :eek: We train together and she thinks this is a breeding I should not miss out on.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
There will always be another litter, always another puppy. It is hard to wait but no one else has to pay the fees in money, time, and energy when the pup is battling for your current dogs attention.

That is what keeps me in line. I have a litter I am tentatively on the list for but if the right bitch doesn't happen I will be okay, my sport dogs are still young and on the other hand my pit bulls are reaching the ends of their lives so if it stays just us for a while we'll probably be better for it.

Perspective to counter the pushers. ;)

Red Chrome

There will always be another litter, always another puppy. It is hard to wait but no one else has to pay the fees in money, time, and energy when the pup is battling for your current dogs attention.

That is what keeps me in line. I have a litter I am tentatively on the list for but if the right bitch doesn't happen I will be okay, my sport dogs are still young and on the other hand my pit bulls are reaching the ends of their lives so if it stays just us for a while we'll probably be better for it.

This. Very sound advice.

FG167

Yup, we've reviewed and reviewed. There've been a couple of disappointments and set backs but my current dogs have a plan now. I know we can afford a puppy - both in time and in money, any time. I'm lucky that I can bring my dog(s) to work and train on breaks so everyone gets training time (my issue was more *which* sports to focus on and with who). That's been hammered out.

But, I also don't "need" a pup right now. I'm thinking since I will have frequent, easy access to the litter, I'll just keep an eye out and if someone is perfect, perhaps take that leap. If not, oh well. I have such a stellar dog for competition right now (Kastle), I'm not going to rush into anything and perhaps be bummed by the outcome later. However, having this access is a huge plus to getting a pup sooner rather that later. And being raised by a person that does the same sports and often likes the same dogs I do. We shall see. I'm actually not worried or over thinking it. I'm definitely interested, but you just never know.

ETA: I guess I'm about where you are in outlook :) Kastle will be 2 in May and well on his way training for everything I want to do with him so I could consider a 2nd Schutzhund dog. Especially since we now have places to train. I would love to know what litter you are looking at, curiosity only.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical

I think this is a very good piece of advice.

Two years ago I would have murdered to keep one of Kaylee's puppies. I still have pangs of disappointment that I missed out on one of her puppies, but they're all in good homes... and I have Poison now. So it all worked out.

Red Chrome

I have to say, I understand. My sport/competition dog is turning 6 this year. LoLa will just be 2, the end of the month but she has some health issues we're working out and thus, she isn't going to be competitive in all phases of IPO.

I'm supposed to be getting an AST this year but I am considering a GSD at this point and pushing the AST out another 2 years. I'm lost and haven't decided yet.

So waiting on that one puppy that stands out is where I'm at too.

FG167

I have to say, I understand. My sport/competition dog is turning 6 this year. LoLa will just be 2, the end of the month but she has some health issues we're working out and thus, she isn't going to be competitive in all phases of IPO.

I'm supposed to be getting an AST this year but I am considering a GSD at this point and pushing the AST out another 2 years. I'm lost and haven't decided yet.

So waiting on that one puppy that stands out is where I'm at too.
Yeah, it can be tough deciding. I was hoping to do PSA with Limit but his temperament is not suitable. He cannot do IPO, even without protection. I am still hoping to do agility with him but 1. He's in the midst of a gnarly fear period right now so training is slow and 2. Several agility people have talked to me about his structure :( he is still terribly bow legged. I was hoping he'd outgrow it but now I'm thinking not. I need to get him X-rayed soon. Right now, he may end up being an active pet that dabbles in agility. Poor little man. Anyway, lots of things to consider.

Airn

Yeah, it can be tough deciding. I was hoping to do PSA with Limit but his temperament is not suitable. He cannot do IPO, even without protection. I am still hoping to do agility with him but 1. He's in the midst of a gnarly fear period right now so training is slow and 2. Several agility people have talked to me about his structure :( he is still terribly bow legged. I was hoping he'd outgrow it but now I'm thinking not. I need to get him X-rayed soon. Right now, he may end up being an active pet that dabbles in agility. Poor little man. Anyway, lots of things to consider.
I'm wondering if that's a breed thing. Gwen has improved a lot since we first got her, but she is VERY 'aloof' with strangers or anyone besides people she sees daily. She's closer to being a fearful dog than an aloof one, honestly. But Gwen and Limit have several differences, so I hope it is just a phase.

And so I don't just randomly post in here....

So much puppy want. But Gwen is turning 2 in April and she is more than enough. (If we did get another dog, I doubt it would be a puppy.)

I'll just have to live through you all. :D

FG167

Oh man, that sucks. :/
A fairly accomplished agility person is also concerned by the way he moves...I am meeting with her this weekend to see if training might help or if I will cause more problems. She also breeds on occasion so she knows what she's looking at structurally for a dog with agility stress in his future.

I'm wondering if that's a breed thing. Gwen has improved a lot since we first got her, but she is VERY 'aloof' with strangers or anyone besides people she sees daily. She's closer to being a fearful dog than an aloof one, honestly. But Gwen and Limit have several differences, so I hope it is just a phase.

And so I don't just randomly post in here....

So much puppy want. But Gwen is turning 2 in April and she is more than enough. (If we did get another dog, I doubt it would be a puppy.)

I'll just have to live through you all. :D
I am desperately hoping we'll get through and end up what he was like as a puppy. Robin went through the same thing and ended up just like he was as a puppy. Limit was SO outgoing and fearless as a youngster. He's been very exposed and nothing negative has happened (unlike for Robin) so hoping for fear stage.

SaraB

This.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Dam got to breeders today. According to breeder, she has an awesome build, and a super stable and amazing temperament. And she is blue, which means a mixed color litter should be happening. Le sigh.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mike thoroughly supports the idea of naming Future Puppy after a tank (instead of the cliche'd Tank name). He liked Abram, but also suggested Sherman. Which is cute!

Now to just have the puppy to go with the name....

Members online

No members online now.