Grammy

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
She has been on my mind as well a lot lately Blue. Maybe she is visiting us. I miss her dearly, when a thread comes up and I see an old post it always gets to me. I told Mom just the other day that I know she would rest easy knowing that Ollie went to such a good home and had such good children to pile in bed with. I have that photo firmly planted in my mind. I could only hope it would be so for mine if I had to leave. Raising my tea to you this morning Grammy, love you always.

Grammy was a grandmother to a lot of us for different reasons, and that was what made her special.

For me she was a surrogate grammy as both of mine died with me at a young age. I never knew how awesome having a grandparent was until Grammy. She invited me into her house and her family through this forum.

As long as I am a member of this forum I want her memory to live. I can only hope this forum will make her live for a long long time.

I dont have facebook, any Ollie updates?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THe last photo and the one I have imprinted in my mind was of Ollie in bed with a piile of children wearing that sappy happy grin only he could have.

I dont' think of Grammy as a grandmother, probably because I am one myself. SHe was my friend, is my friend, the person I talked to every morning. THe person when something good happened I couldn't wait to share, the person I said good morning to on Chazhound, as if she and I were sitting down at the same table, sharing the morning cup of caffeine. I have a couple photos of her and ollie above my desk, and there isnt' one day that i don't look up and think how much I miss her. We were lucky Blue, to know her here, and if it wans't for Chazhound we never would have met, and in person. I am glad you love her as I do, and her memory will always be in our hearts. (((((HUGS)))) to you for loving her ass much as I do. She was worth her weight in gold.

We were lucky Blue, to know her here, and if it wans't for Chazhound we never would have met, and in person. I am glad you love her as I do, and her memory will always be in our hearts. (((((HUGS)))) to you for loving her ass much as I do. She was worth her weight in gold.
I was lucky to have met the mods that made that trip. I was blessed it was at Grammy's house. She means more to me then my own grand parents, who I barely knew.

moxiegrl

I just saw this today. I don't recognize a lot of the names here anymore, but there are a few staples of Chazhound, and she is one of them. She will be loved and missed by many, whether they met her in person or on her forum. I'm sure her all Golden's are happy to see her again.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It was on a facebook page and of someone's children. I will have to ask Amy. I will do so and see what i can see, I just remember clearly. I didn't save it. ``I could mail you a copy of my pic of Ollie with the sappy grin if you like.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Blue, I always told Grammy she was my other mom since my mom passed away and so did my mother-in-law. I miss her so much.

Ollie is so happy with his new family.

Bumping this thread because it makes me happy remembering Grammy and I want to see it at the top of the stickied threads. That was a great summer for me.

ETA: Ild love to see more Ollie pics.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I took the group shot..who took the last one? THat was my best vacation ever I think. I have had her on my mind too. Maybe she is visiting us and that is why. THe pics you posted made me smile.

Barb04

Super Moderator
The mod meeting was surely one of the highlights of my life. Blue, it was so great meeting you.

I remember that group pic as the the first Ive ever seen of Renee. I even have it saved on my server from before my joining the band.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Sometimes, when I have a tough day at work, I think of Grammy. Today was one of those days... I told myself Grammy would know what to say to me. It's too bad she's not here, but I'm pretty sure I know what she'd say... thinking of you today, Grammy, and thankful for you.

Members online

No members online now.