Obama/Biden versus Romney/Ryan?

I am proud to work hard to try and be open minded about everything. I will always consider the other side and try to find some merit in it. Honestly, there is pretty much nothing in this world that is black and white...take murder. Is it always wrong?? What about in self defense? What about Euthanasia?

Tahla9999

You know, I hear reasons why people don't like Obama, but not reasons why people prefer Romney.

Anyone care to share?

Last edited:

Lyzelle

A lot of reasons I hear that people support Romney have no standing, unfortunately.

He's Christian. He's "not Obama". He's "a business man", who makes his business shutting down businesses and putting people out of work. He'll "fix the economy", despite the fact that the economy is on a fixed curve and he believes in "trickle down theory", which is the same thing Bush believed in. Which is basically regulate the middle class and tax them to hell and back while giving cuts and funding to businesses and the rich. He'll "get rid of Obamacare", but he's replacing it with his own version with higher taxes and more regulation.

I've yet to hear a GOOD reason why someone supports Romney.

RBark

Got Floof?
RBark, MM flat out makes things up. Dinesh D’Souza used Obama's books and other writings as the basis for the documentary. YMMV.
No he didn't lol.

Unless you mean he used Obama's books as a basis for the documentary in the sense that MM used Bush's speeches as a basis for his "documentaries". Then sure, yes he did.

Tahla9999

I've yet to hear a GOOD reason why someone supports Romney.
Same here. I've hear all the reasons why people don't like about Obama, but I see no one explaining why they like Romney. It boggles my mind how many people support him who are NOT rich. Its like, your voting against your best interest.

He switches his mind so many times I'm not even sure his voters know what he really stands for. They don't call him Mitt the Flip for no reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84

His economic plan makes no sense. He wants to decrease taxes on both the rich and middle class at the same time increase military spending by a trillion dollars without raising the deficit. Or, at least, he claims he is going to cut taxes for the middle class. Studies show that his plan wont work unless he increase taxes on the middle class, not cut it. Democrats want to cut taxes on the middle class now, but Republicans are stalling it. Why do you think that is? Its obvious that the main focus is to cut taxes for the wealthy. Why do the wealthy need tax cuts. Due to the economy, the top 10% owns about 75% of the wealth now. The more the middle class losses money, the richer the rich become. And they need a tax cut!?

The six studies that both Romney and Ryan say that says their plan is a valid one is also a lie too. Those "studies" are actually blogs and opinions as well as one being his own advisers saying that the plan will work.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business...e-mitt-romneys-tax-plan-is-impossible/263541/

He wants to decrease the deficit by closing tax loopholes used by the wealthy. And yet, which loop holes will he close, he wont say. And can you trust a man who refuses to release his tax returns? Can you believe a man who himself uses those loop holes and who keeps his money in foreign bank accounts to avoid paying for taxes?

Oh, and Paul Ryan is not just anti abortion, but he is anti abortion with no exceptions at all. Did you know he sign a bill where doctors could refuse to abort a baby even if the health of the mother was on the line!

But hey, I guess anything is better than the communist, Muslim president we have in office.

Lyzelle

Of course, Ryan also believes in "legitimate rape". So that's another fun one to add to the list when you consider his anti-abortion record.

Republicans get crazier and more scary every election. The rich get richer, the poorer get poorer, and all your human rights get taken away one at a time.

No he didn't lol.

Unless you mean he used Obama's books as a basis for the documentary in the sense that MM used Bush's speeches as a basis for his "documentaries". Then sure, yes he did.
Just how many MM "documentaries" about Bush where made? Check out "Michael Moore Hates America" by Michael Wilson.

lol all you like MM makes sh!t up and spoon feeds it to you. Ill admit I havent seen Slacker Uprising and Capitalism: A Love Story yet, Ill get to those soon.

RBark

Got Floof?
Just how many MM "documentaries" about Bush where made? Check out "Michael Moore Hates America" by Michael Wilson.

lol all you like MM makes sh!t up and spoon feeds it to you. Ill admit I havent seen Slacker Uprising and Capitalism: A Love Story yet, Ill get to those soon.
Michael Moore doesnt hate America, he hates Republicans. And is a pathological liar who will do anything it takes to serve his purposes.

What on earth makes you think I am getting "spoon fed" information from Michael Moore? I keep calling him a liar. I am saying all of MM's documentaries are full of ****.

Just like 2016: Obama's America is full of ****.

Listening to extremists on either side is stupid.

Michael Moore doesnt hate America, he hates Republicans. And is a pathological liar who will do anything it takes to serve his purposes.

What on earth makes you think I am getting "spoon fed" information from Michael Moore? I keep calling him a liar. I am saying all of MM's documentaries are full of ****.

Just like 2016: Obama's America is full of ****.

Listening to extremists on either side is stupid.
Ease down a little man, no need to be so uptight. So we are almost on the same page with Moore, I do believe he does hate America.

So what makes Dinesh D’Souza an extremist?

Barbara!

Just like most Republicans like to eat whatever Bill O'Reilly shouts at them.

Like Lyzelle said, extremists are always idiots. Always. That's why their called extremists. I don't lean too far left or too far right. I'm mixed on both subjects. Which I think would be a good thing for our country. We don't need a straight Democrat, or a straight Republican. We need a logical and critical thinker... Someone who can meet in the middle.

zoe08

You know, I hear reasons why people don't like Obama, but not reasons why people prefer Romney.

Anyone care to share?
That's because I don't support Romney either.

I agree with most all the anti-Obama posts I see people make, but then I think it is crazy that they will turn around and post all "Vote Romney to save our country" Romney isn't going to save anything. I don't like either one of them.

I guess you could say I "prefer" Romney over Obama, but that's mostly because of my standpoint on social issues in which no one here even tries to understand the conservative side of those things, so of course no one thinks those are valid. But I don't support either one of them. Maybe I'll write in Dave Ramsey, because I think at this point he may be the only person capable of getting our country out of debt! LOL

Lyzelle

I hardly think it's about Republican/Democrat. I think anyone who confines themselves to a party isn't open minded at all.

It just so happens that in recent years, Republicans are on this "legitimate rape" and "control all the social freedoms" train. So it makes things a little difficult when you try to agree with anything they say.

I mean, honestly. Controlling who can and can't marry and declaring that a woman WAS NOT raped because she got pregnant isn't exactly progressive for this country. Nor does it put your party in a good light. Same for the racism and determining what a woman can and can't do with her body. It's 2012 already, we should be past these ridiculous things.

I hardly think it's about Republican/Democrat. I think anyone who confines themselves to a party isn't open minded at all.

It just so happens that in recent years, Republicans are on this "legitimate rape" and "control all the social freedoms" train. So it makes things a little difficult when you try to agree with anything they say.

I mean, honestly. Controlling who can and can't marry and declaring that a woman WAS NOT raped because she got pregnant isn't exactly progressive for this country. Nor does it put your party in a good light. Same for the racism and determining what a woman can and can't do with her body. It's 2012 already, we should be past these ridiculous things.
Until you can be honest, you cannot use the term "honestly". Name one other Republican leader that backed the term "legitimate rape".

I dont think the .gov should be involved in marriage period, gay or straight. Its 2012 we should not call people racists for voting against a half white guy because we disagree with him.

Lyzelle

Until you can be honest, you cannot use the term "honestly". Name one other Republican leader that backed the term "legitimate rape".

I dont think the .gov should be involved in marriage period, gay or straight. Its 2012 we should not call people racists for voting against a half white guy because we disagree with him.
You just created an internet argument. Dodging everything I said to argue against it, despite that what you said had nothing at all to do with what I said.

I said in "recent years". As in, the last few years. 2-3 years, in case you're not aware of the terminology. Oh, and the last person I can think of...Oh, that was Nixon. Quite similar morals and ethics when compared to these recent Republicans.

And I didn't call anyone racist for voting against Obama, either. I was pointing out the Tea Bagger party with that one. Seen their new shirts lately? "Put the WHITE back in the WHITE HOUSE".

Extremists suck on both sides. It just so happens there's suddenly a LOT of extremists coming out of the Republican woodwork. So it makes it hard to agree with anything they say, since their credibility is compromised by this silly ****.

You just created an internet argument. Dodging everything I said to argue against it, despite that what you said had nothing at all to do with what I said.

I said in "recent years". As in, the last few years. 2-3 years, in case you're not aware of the terminology. Oh, and the last person I can think of...Oh, that was Nixon. Quite similar morals and ethics when compared to these recent Republicans.

And I didn't call anyone racist for voting against Obama, either. I was pointing out the Tea Bagger party with that one. Seen their new shirts lately? "Put the WHITE back in the WHITE HOUSE".

Extremists suck on both sides. It just so happens there's suddenly a LOT of extremists coming out of the Republican woodwork. So it makes it hard to agree with anything they say, since their credibility is compromised by this silly ****.
I didnt dodge, duck, dip, dive or dodge. I know the rules of dodgeball.

We will start with this question,. So what other Republican, be honest now, used or defended the term "legitimate rape"?

Last edited:

Members online