WHy it is pointless to make my bed

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am watching him, first Victor digs up the blankets, and he roots them to the center of the bed. THen he sighs, it isn't right, so he digs some more and adds the pillows to the pile, but it still isnt' right. SO he walks around it, and starts on the feather bed. He tries so hard to get it to bunched up, and it just won't cooperate, Finallllly he gets half of it more or less folded and the rest rooted on top. ONly then is it the best he can do.

I think back to her first 5 months, and i believe that dog was cold. He abhors cold concrete and if told to sit he will but he will also show his protest with his ears and face. THat was the hardest thing in the world to do, teach him to down on a chilly surface, and he had to do it for his test. ANyways it is such a small thing to let him do, and it brings him such satisfaction.
If you ever come over to my house, don't think me a bum...:p;)
I am so bad that i go in and cover him with a sheet which makes him think "Perfecto".

bubbatd

Same here !! I only make mine at night !! Ollie's sooooooooooooooo glad to be home !!!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Mine too - I never make my bed because the dogs burrow in the blankets... or mess it up during playtime.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
i make my bed, only because i work at home and during working hours i might have four of the five dogs sleeping on my bed all day. I have an extra "junk comforter" i throw on top and tuck in all the way around so they don't ruin my "nice" comforter. Mommy can have nice things, after all! They are all nesters but they aren't allowed to nest on my bed unless mommy is already tucked inside it. Then nest away!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i gave up having a nice comforter...or keeping the feather mattress covered, he is relentless about ALL of it being in a round poof, he uses his paws, his neck, he mouths tugs and pulls. i have seen him seriously lean into and shove. A person has to give him an E for effort.

lizzybeth727

Too Cute!

My dog hates the cold, too, you should see us try to do a "down" on the pause table in agility class in the winter - it's like she doesn't know the meaning of the word. One day last winter it was cold AND wet, I just gave up.

I also had to teach a boston terrier to sit and lay down on a cold, hard surface a few months ago. I discovered he'd do it fine if he had a blanket to sit on. So we spent about a week learning to sit on a smaller and smaller blanket, until it was literally a 2"x2" think scrap of towel.... only THEN could he do it without a blanket! Then we had to do it all over again with down....

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lol i thought VIctor was the only one. WE had a devil of a time but he finally 'agreed". I don't ask him to any other time, but when we practiced for the test it was a have to. He wouldn't accept a rug, nothing. He is such a furniture kind of guy...mom came in and shockers of all found him sound asleep on her bed, something her dogs are NOT allowed to do. I said at least he was clean, but that didn't help much. He was in deed dodo.

bubbatd

I have a pillow top mattress ,so my fitted sheet doesn't fit .... neither do my mattress cover and fleece pad !

Members online