The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG a friend of mine did that. "Hey it's our daughters first really gross dirty diaper! HERE'S A PHOTO ON FACEBOOK"

WHY
WHY
WHY

Grab

I have to say that it never crossed my mind to take a poop picture of my child OR my dog's poop...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't know... There was the time Belle ate a bunch of Hannahs crayons. Brian was pooper scooping and brought it to me and said WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THIS WAS... Ohhh crayons lol it's kinda pretty in a gross way lol

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Frustrated. My husband's phone goes straight to voicemail and he hasn't responded to a text in hours. He worked earlier today and didn't know he would be apparently working this late? Would be nice to know where he is and that he is ok at least? I'm especially frustrated because he asked me not to drive anywhere after I go off work this morning and after the dog park because he wanted my engine to cool so he could change my oil this evening. So I did nothing all day because I thought he would be home soon an still no sign of him and it is already dark out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I took a picture of Everleigh's poop to prove to her doctor that I wasn't imagining things. But I never posted it. Anywhere. Even in my secret Facebook mommy group where nothing is TMI. That is just messed up.

On another note, pretty sure my brother's dog tore her CCL. She's been non-weight bearing since Monday and he texted me to ask what I thought. Hub leg lameness in a dog that insane of that size is always a torn ligament until proven otherwise in my mind. It's a crappy time for it to happen, I know, because they're trying to save up to buy a house so I know they'll act in total denial and not do anything about it.

My siblings should not be allowed to own pets. Ever.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I thought under the new healthcare reform you were supposed to get one annual preventative care visit covered by your insurance every year.
Apparently not with my insurance.
So now I have to come up with $300 for yet another unexpected bill.

Whoo-hoo.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I like being friends with parents on facebook.. kids say funny things, kids are cute sometimes and I like pictures of milestones and other such fun things.

BUT IT IS NEVER OK TO POST PICTURES OF FECES.
EVER.
EVER.
EVER.

I don't care about why or how or solids or breastmilk or what the reason is for it..STOP POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR KIDS DIRTY DIAPERS ON FACEBOOK IT IS BEYOND NOT OK.

Need advice from a group of moms about something involving your kids crap? PRIVATE MESSAGE THAT!!

ICK
ICK
ICK I WAS EATING DEAR LORD

I am so beyond surprised. Because if this was common from this person I would just delete her but I dunno, this is her third dirty diaper pic today.
Ok YAY YOUR KID IS EATING SOLIDS POST A PIC OF THEM EATING NOT THEIR POOP LIKE WHY>?!?
Oh that's gross! Why would you do that?

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Just ate two of Adam's cinnamon roll cookies out of boredom. I want to puke. (The Keebler Cinnabon cinnamon roll cookies are amazing though, if anyone has the stomach to handle junk food.)

Grab

I thought under the new healthcare reform you were supposed to get one annual preventative care visit covered by your insurance every year.

Whoo-hoo.
Maybe it varies by insurance? Mine covers preventative visits free of cost.

Saeleofu

Whoo-hoo.
My insurance covers a wellness visit, but not if they diagnose something in that visit or treat something in that visit. It has to literally be JUST an exam and maybe routine bloodwork. No prescriptions given (except maybe birth control), nothing out of the ordinary.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Bad night's sleep last night. Went to bed exhausted after a Doctor Who marathon with my sister, tossed and turned all night long. *sigh* I may have to try a natural sleep aide if this continues. Boo changes throwing my sleep cycle out of wack.

(Did have a really cool dream about these giant alien bugs attacking a town, though. We went all Doctor-esque on them.)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Maybe it varies by insurance? Mine covers preventative visits free of cost.
I thought it was part of ObamaCare that it HAS to be covered. And I keep finding things online that say yeah, that's the law. You get one preventative care visit per year covered.
Mine is covered - after I meet my deductible. Which is $2000. Yeah.

My insurance covers a wellness visit, but not if they diagnose something in that visit or treat something in that visit. It has to literally be JUST an exam and maybe routine bloodwork. No prescriptions given (except maybe birth control), nothing out of the ordinary.
It was my pap smear and thankfully nothing to diagnose or treat, especially since they have to send lab work away to know anything, so that's what it was.
Not covered under mine apparently.

I checked out a book at the library on how to get any job with any major.
But in order to GET any job I kind of need to find one that to apply for.
It won't help me to apply for a job where I would make less money...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
It was my pap smear and thankfully nothing to diagnose or treat, especially since they have to send lab work away to know anything, so that's what it was.
Not covered under mine apparently.
Mine covers the exam, but not the labwork - that's probably how they got you. You can often haggle over pricing for labwork that isn't covered, though. Worth a call to the billing company/office to ask about payment options.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mine covers the exam, but not the labwork - that's probably how they got you. You can often haggle over pricing for labwork that isn't covered, though. Worth a call to the billing company/office to ask about payment options.
I don't think so, it's the whole thing that wasn't covered. The office visit, the lab work, and the "doctor's fee" which is apparently a new thing hospitals around here are doing. Nothing at all is covered until I hit my deductible, except I thought when I read over everything before that it said my annual was covered. It says in their generic "women's booklet" that your annual MAY be covered. Well, my plan blows. So MAY means IS NOT for me.
It's my fault for misunderstanding what Obamacare was doing (because seriously, I thought "one annual visit covered" meant, you know, one annual visit covered. I asked my co-worker who is far more politically minded than me and it was his understanding that's how it worked as well... but I guess not.) and for not reading the chart more closely.

It doesn't really matter, it's not like I could just NOT have my annual. I just didn't realize that bill was going to show up. So now I have to cancel my appointment with my dermatologist because I can't afford both. Hope skipping my annual with my dermatologist doesn't bite me in the ass later because I really can't afford melanoma.

my head is killing me and has been ever since we got the news of our pay cut.

being poor is really bad for your health.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I don't think so, it's the whole thing that wasn't covered. The office visit, the lab work, and the "doctor's fee" which is apparently a new thing hospitals around here are doing. Nothing at all is covered until I hit my deductible, except I thought when I read over everything before that it said my annual was covered. It says in their generic "women's booklet" that your annual MAY be covered. Well, my plan blows. So MAY means IS NOT for me.
Call the office and ask them directly - it sounds like perhaps they considered this a "women's exam" vs an annual physical. I know that when I consolidated all of my annual stuff under my "annual exam" it did cause some initial confusion and with the wording in the "women's booklet" that makes me suspect that your insurance views the two types of exams separately.

As much as I hate phone trees, it has always been helpful when I've called a doctor's office when something wasn't covered that I thought should be, either because they realized it was coded wrong and they needed to resubmit or because they were able to drop my cost since it was coming out of my pocket.

Members online