Penny is in trouble.

Grab

Isn't he staying with his parents? Surely someone in the house has a phone.

yoko

This. I've never heard of anyone not getting approved for CareCredit, its NOT like a regular credit card. I applied for it at 18 with very little income and no credit history, and I got approved.

You get an instant number/amount when you apply, you bring that into the vet and BOOM. Done.

I agree with everyone else in that this dog should have been seen yesterday.
Just wanted to say. I got turned down by CareCredit so it isn't a 'no one ever gets turned down... ever' situation

Did you not see this one coming :rolleyes:

You need to get that dog to a vet, find out what's wrong and either get it take care of, sign it over to someone, or put it down. I'm not a HUGE fan of putting an animal down if it has a treatable condition. But I'm even less of a fan of making a sick dog stay miserable because you don't have the means to take care of it.

And honestly even if you CAN afford it. You're this broke now with a baby on the way. As much as I love dogs this is not something that should take priority over making sure you have some sort of financial security when your baby arrives.

Grab

Just wanted to say. I got turned down by CareCredit so it isn't a 'no one ever gets turned down... ever' situation
Oh, people can/do certainly get turned down, but if you have no credit rathe than bad credit, they're usually willing to approve some amount. It may not be enough to cover, say, a surgery. But should be enough to at least get in and start some diagnostics. Plus,even if one is rejected, it's someone one can at least try while at home.

yoko

Oh, people can/do certainly get turned down, but if you have no credit rathe than bad credit, they're usually willing to approve some amount. It may not be enough to cover, say, a surgery. But should be enough to at least get in and start some diagnostics. Plus,even if one is rejected, it's someone one can at least try while at home.
Oh ok. I just didn't want someone to come on here and see that and put all their eggs in that basket XD

When Yoshi bloated I went in with all the receipts showing I had just sold a bunch of stuff and all the cash to show them I was serious about getting my dog help. With that they allowed me too set up payments with them even though that was the first time I'd used that vet.

So that's something people can think of too.

Barbara!

Yeah, it's certainly convenient that he was in the vet all day and his dog passed and he couldn't do anything so THAT'S why he didn't call me. You guys really need to learn how to stop being nasty just for the sake of it.

Penny passed this morning. The vet tried, but she passed anyways. He said he thought it was organ shut down or something. We are not going to do an autopsy and have already buried her.

Rest in peace, my dear Penny.

Grab

Yeah, it's certainly convenient that he was in the vet all day and his dog passed and he couldn't do anything so THAT'S why he didn't call me. You guys really need to learn how to stop being nasty just for the sake of it.

Penny passed this morning. The vet tried, but she passed anyways. He said he thought it was organ shut down or something. We are not going to do an autopsy and have already buried her.

Rest in peace, my dear Penny.
What did the bloodwork show? That should pinpoint what organs were affected. Since it was fairly quick, I'd want to rule out a toxin,etc.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Just getting to this thread ... Read the whole thing ... I am so so sorry to hear that she passed away :(.

I lost my beloved Izze to injuries that we think someone afflicted on her but we can't prove it since I didn't see it (I went inside to pee ... I wasn't gone 5 min) that day still haunts me, "I should've taken her inside with me" (there was no fence around the trailer house we were living in) etc... There was only one other person there at the ranch that day, someone who didn't like us & I think that since Izze's hearing was going he was able to sneak up on her :( :(. I of course pulled my savings (thank god I had some) which amounted into the thousands by the time we were done).

We aren't rich ppl by any means, but I was willing to do whatever I could to try to save my dog. She was broke in her pelvis & the fracture was pressing on her nerve causing loss of function to her back end ... Vet was pretty positive in his outlook on her so we scheduled her for surgery but on the morning she was to be prepped (we had to wait for an ortho surgeon to come in) they found her unresponsive. She died of a Pulmonary embolism from her injuries ... We were devastated ... I still am.

So yes I understand what you are feeling :(.

Sparrow

I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like kidney failure to me. Do you know what her BUN was? I went through CRF for five years with my cat, and the progression sounds very much like an uncontrolled version of it. I am so sorry. :-(

I do hope it is nothing that may harm your other dogs (toxin, etc.)

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear Penny passed away. May she be running free with all our loved ones. Hugs.

Members online

No members online now.