Birthdays, Hikes, Bites, Ticks, Rolling in Stuff...a dog's perfect day!

Aleron

Three of my dogs have March Birthdays...Jagger was 10 on March 10th, Savvy was a year old on Sunday and Loki will be 13 on the 31ist. One of my old dogs also had a March birthday! So it seems to me, March is a great month for puppies to be born.

Saturday we took Jagger, Savvy, Whimsy and Ziggy hiking. In the hours we were hiking, Savvy annoyed Ziggy enough to get bit on the nose, ripped his stopper pad, got 30+ ticks on him and rolled in something very, very smelly. IOWs he had a great time on his last official day of puppyhood :)

Ziggy's cute and innocent pup-pup look. Not to be believed!

Whimsy

Savvy...all grown up!

Jagger Dignified...

And not...

Perched

Everyone on the waterfall

Manly

Eating the Prize

more....

Aleron

What now?

Perch!

The Chase...

Is....

...On!!!

Listen!

Small to large...

Waiting...

FlyShep

more...

Aleron

Me & Jag

More leaping

Walking

Jagger & Ziggy

Heading back to the car (to go home and spend 3 hours pulling ticks off the dogs)

The End!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Wooooot!!! What a great day to be a dog. :D Happy Birthday, Savvy! I love the one of you and Jagger, really sweet.

Ulteed

All of them are such nice looking dogs. What a nice day it looks to have been. I wouldn't mind exploring around there with my dogs! :)

Aleron

I thought there are a lot of dogs here that have March birthdays too!

Savvy is a way fun dog, so crazy and willing to try anything :) They all greatly enjoy a good romp and defying gravity from time to time. Even the short dog made some amazing leaps - wish I would have gotten pictures of that!

De-ticking all four of them took several hours :/

I can not believe Savvy is a year old!!! How did that happen?!?!

Loved the pictures, especially Savvy on your back! Looks like an amazing day

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Now THAT looks like a good day for everyone involved!! Happy birthday to the March babies!!!!!

Yucky about the ticks, though....

Aleron

I can not believe Savvy is a year old!!! How did that happen?!?!

Loved the pictures, especially Savvy on your back! Looks like an amazing day
I knoooow!!! Where is my little PyrShep puppy? It was a great time, wish we could do long outings like that more often :)

What a fun day out :) lovely pics. Jagger really doesn't look his age!
He doesn't act his age either! He's still just as crazy as ever and I think he yells even more now. He has no trouble keeping up with the two young dogs (Ziggy is almost 9!) :)

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
eww ticks, somthing I am NOT looking forward to once I move to BC.. Just ewww.

But all the pictures you got are awesome and it looks like all the dogs had a blast, and what a beautiful place to go hiking and adventuring... but eww the ticks!!

Aleron

The ticks are TERRIBLE here this year!! I hate them!

Your crew is so neat looking... but all that coat... I could never! LOL
LOL The Belgians are surprisingly wash and wear for such hairy dogs. I mean yeah there's more work than a smooth haired dog but they dry very quickly and don't require much brushing and almost anything that sticks in their coat comes right out. Savvy's hair is very thin and doesn't tend to mat much, so far anyway. He does get burrs but they brush out pretty easily. Mud falls off of all of them pretty well once they dry unless it's really thick. After this adventure, I picked a couple twigs out of the Belgian's leg hair and that was it. Savvy needed a bath because he rolled in what I believe was fox poop (and I swear I'm still catching whiffs of it!). I rinsed the Belgians legs off but they were already clean. Ziggy needed a full bath. He actually stays wet much longer than the hairy dogs and tends to get and stay dirtier, I think because he has a soft coat and the others have a correct, harsher coat. The tick removal did require a lot of work though LOL

I think ticks will be very bad here this year, we had an extremely mild winter. We actually don't usually see ticks so early.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ziggy needed a full bath. He actually stays wet much longer than the hairy dogs and tends to get and stay dirtier, I think because he has a soft coat and the others have a correct, harsher coat.
Wow, really? Bad Ziggy! LOL Keeva's coat is super duper dirt repellant/wash and wear. She didn't even need a bath after this:

IMG_2047 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

But I do know that Cardis coats often change when they're altered. They're such down and dirty little dogs I'd hate to have one with a soft coat!!! :yikes:

I haven't seen any ticks here yet but I know they're coming... It's so warm here already. Ugh.

Aleron

Wow, really? Bad Ziggy! LOL Keeva's coat is super duper dirt repellant/wash and wear. She didn't even need a bath after this:

But I do know that Cardis coats often change when they're altered. They're such down and dirty little dogs I'd hate to have one with a soft coat!!! :yikes:

I haven't seen any ticks here yet but I know they're coming... It's so warm here already. Ugh.
LOL very impressive Keeva!!!

Yeah I think he has a neuter coat. He was done at 6 months old at the shelter :/ Luckily he doesn't have as super thick of a coat as a lot of Cardis I see, so it's not too bad to just give him a bath when needed. Where we usually walk, we let the dogs in the creek right before leashing them up and that works just as well as a bath for me LOL

Members online

No members online now.