Do dogs get hay fever?

JudithMary

Jake has been sneezing and has discharge from his eyes since a couple of days ago. We have been to the vet once and got medication for his eyes. She was not sure if it was seasonal allergies or not, he had no temperature and is eating fine, no diarreah, but he is a little quieter than normal, but still very active.

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes it can be seasonal allergies. Snip's skin is very pink right now due to pollen. It doesn't affect his eyes, but I know of dogs who are.

Dekka

Just try me..
we are looking into bee pollen. He doesn't seem bothered by it so I am hesitant to give him drugs for it.

Doberluv

Chulita gets wheezy sometimes and stuffed up badly where it really impairs her breathing. It is not the same thing as the Chihuahua problem of the soft, collapsing trachea. She's just flat out snorkly and congested. The vet told me I could give her Benadryl....1 mg per pound of body weight. She doesn't have a real problem very frequently, but sometimes it gets to the point where I really feel sorry for her and worried. Then I give her the Benadryl.

JudithMary

Thanks. If it has not gone away by Monday we will go back to the vet. He is not sneezing quite as much tonight and he does not sneeze during the night.

Members online

No members online now.