Question...

Picklepaige

Well, we just adopted a dalmation mix from the pound a few weeks ago, and her nipples are very big and...er...dangly. We know she's spayed as all dogs from the pound come spayed and we clearly see her incision. Could this mean she's had puppies before, even though she's only a year old? And how long will it take before they get back to normal? It's not a very attractive look, I must say!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Its more then likely due to having puppies previously..

Do you know anything abotu her history at all?

More then likely she has had puppies on her first heat if shes only a year old now.

Some bitches nipples dont go back to the way they used to be either.

I knew an 8 yr old Dalmation bitch who was a rescue. She had obviuosly had numerous litters before and her nipples had never gone back to what they used to be.

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
She probably had a litter from her first heat cycle at about 6 -8 months of age. Her nipples should go back almost to normal. Maybe not quite like if she had never had pups but they probably won't dangle unattractively like they are now. Most of my girls nipples shrink down after births.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Is that uncomfortable for them? Not having puppies, but the nipples. It doesn't look very comfy to me...

Members online

No members online now.