FDA Releases Report on Diamond Plant...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Holy cow.. like it wasn't hard enough before to get people to feed quality food.
All the purina/SD reps on my campus are LOVIN THIS. "Well, those so called "premium posh high quality foods are the ones riddled with failed health checks and salmonella.."

Raw.
Raw foheva.

Yeah. It was one plant. It's not a reflection on all the posh foods. We have been, and still are feeding TOTW. Purina can keep the corn and by-products. ;)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That's it? Wow.
There's usually at least 5-10 observations on a 483. The Novartis 483 was over 20 pages.

So any word on if there was a warning letter associated with this 483? The FDA's website only links directly to the 483 and not to a page with all relevant files, so I'm assuming not...

Hill's would do well not to get too high and mighty considering the FDA just sent them a warning letter only, what, six months ago over packaging claims regarding their products... and that they were part of the massive Menu Foods recall in 2007. Stupid.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yeah. It was one plant. It's not a reflection on all the posh foods. We have been, and still are feeding TOTW. Purina can keep the corn and by-products. ;)
Yup. The food in my area wasn't even affected by the recall, so I didn't have to make a food switch.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Holy cow.. like it wasn't hard enough before to get people to feed quality food.
All the purina/SD reps on my campus are LOVIN THIS. "Well, those so called "premium posh high quality foods are the ones riddled with failed health checks and salmonella.."

Raw.
Raw foheva.
Well the purina reps do have a point - most of these premium labels made at diamond are made by people who may know absolutely nothing except how to pick up a phone and make a label that's willing to hit the key points that sell right now like "grain free," holistic, natural, and hypoallergenic.

Purina doesn't make those claims (they do make some other ridiculous claims) and does at least make their own food in their own factories with their own supply chain. Yeah - I think much of their food is beneath my dogs but - Pro plan selects chicken and rice isn't that bad. They are also in it for the long haul - purina is as old as the hills - they really do have a long term reputation to protect.

Also as a side note - those poor workers. That place sounds like a hell hole.

Last edited:

Members online