Forget yogurt, how about Culturelle as a probiotic?

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
Well, I posted a thread but no one has answered my questions yet about GI issues and bloody stool ;) so anyways, I took a fecal sample to the vets office this morning to check for parasites because of Caiza's issues and he tested a Weak positive for Giardia, which is a good thing that we may have figured out his problem but now we need to see about treating it because it was a weak diagnosis. However, my vet told me to try something called Culturelle with Lactobacillus. It's a probiotic in capsule form instead of giving yogurt because some dogs can't handle it. Anyone ever heard of it? It only cost me $22 for a 1 month supply :yikes: but my boy is worth it :p

Clinically Proven Safe & Effective*
Professional Strength
The Premier Probiotic™
With Lactobacillus GG
One Capsule a Day Promotes a Healthy Intestinal Tract!
If you are taking antibiotics, traveling or simply want to promote your health, taking CULTURELLE daily will maintain the health-promoting "good" bacteria in your intestinal tract. These friendly bacteria, called "flora," form a protective barrier to keep "bad" bacteria out, maintaining a healthy intestinal tract. This is important because the intestines are the largest immune organ in the body and promoting their health strengthens your body's overall natural defenses.

BENEFITS*

Enhances the body's natural defenses
Helps maintain healthy intestinal flora ("good" bacteria)
Assists intestinal functioning
Adheres to & colonizes intestinal tract
Survives stomach acid & intestinal bile
Active culture contains at least 10 billion live cells for maximum potency
Made under controlled conditions to ensure highest quality & potency
Each capsule is double-foil protected against harmful light, air & moisture
Convenient take-along packaging

otch1

I've never used it! Use Prorbios paste on my horses and the poder on my dogs. The powder is $9.00 for a pint size container.

otch1

Sorry, scarey spelling today. (I use the powder on my dogs, sprinkling it on top of their food.)

Members online

No members online now.