Not a dog but a wonderful pet

My little American Crested Guinea Pig passed away tonight. I came in the room to find her slumped over with her head in her food bowl. :( She had been unusually quiet this evening and I think I heard her last squeak. I think she passed only a few minutes before I came in the room.
Asia was a very sweet and good natured little girl. She was about 5 or 6 years old and had developed a huge tumor on her stomach over the past year. I have been so busy this past year that I feel I neglected her somewhat, as far as cage cleaning goes, but she always had the BEST food and treats. She had at least 3 bowls of "salad" a day. She was so picky about her greens that I had to only buy her "Dole Romaine salad" or she would turn her nose up at it. She would have cases of the zoomies when she was younger; tearing around her cage and "weeking" up a storm until I gave her her beloved lettuce.
She was funny, she was sweet and I will miss her very much. R.I.P., Asia. I love you.

Doberluv

A-w-w...I'm so sorry for your loss. All of our pets, no matter what kind are near and dear to us and it hurts when they go. Rip Asia.

Isn't 5 or 6 years a rather long life for a fur piggy, a testament to your love for her I'm sure. All our pets are so precious, I'm sorry for your loss...:(

RIP dear little Asia.

Thank you. Here is a picture of her. Her cage is in my room where my computer is and I can really feel her absence. :(

Isn't it amazing how even the smallest of pets have such a hold on your heart?
Yes, 5-6 years is about the typical life-span for a Guinea Pig but I think the tumor hastened her death. From the way it looked, she was reaching out to eat some of her pellets and just died with her head in her food bowl. Not a pleasant way to find your pet. :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
May Asia rest in peace now that she's in Guinea Pig Heaven. I can tell how much you loved her. She was very special and will be in your heart forever.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It's always hard to lose a pet. Asia was beautiful. It is obvious she was very loved. RIP sweet girl.

Members online

No members online now.