Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Barbara!

When I have a hormonal surge... I leak. Bad. Normal? Like, my boyfriend came out of the shower naked the other day and I completely soaked the front of my shirt.

Also, when the kids at the daycare cry, it makes me start contracting. It's weird. Is this also normal?

Both normal :)

So Everleigh was tentatively diagnosed with Silent Reflux today and we started meds to help. Fingers crossed that this means a baby who screams less and smiles more.

milos_mommy

My computer is being a real jerk about posting pictures :( I'll try to share one.

We're both doing really well! But my milk still hasn't come in, and last night she was screaming to eat every 20 minutes :( so we're supplementing with formula, hopefully just for a few days to a week. I'm really hoping she doesn't have a hard time with formula, she's already latching well so I'm not too worried.

She has tons of black hair you can't see in the pictures...her dad's never fell out, but mine did, so I'm realllly hoping hers doesn't.

Labor was a little tough just because it was so long and I couldn't sleep through the contractions for almost two days, I was EXHAUSTED and ended up getting both IV pain meds and an epidural and pitocin...but delivery was really easy, I only pushed for 20 minutes, had no tearing, and felt pretty much 100% fine by the next day. We didn't get to do delayed cord clamping or immediate skin to skin because there was meconium in my fluid when my water broke, but thankfully she was fine and I got to hold and nurse her within 10 minutes of her birth.

milos_mommy

Thank you!! It actually seems like my milk is coming in now pretty fast...and she's not finishing 2oz of formula so I'll just keep offering it until her diapers pick up and we have a weight check Saturday

Taqroy

She's gorgeous! Congrats!

And yeah like jenv said, nursing is HARD. We had to supplement Falon as well - if you have problems (or even if you don't but you just want reassurance) go see a lactation consultant. I saw an ILBLC one and she was awesome. The hospital ones were kind of meh.

jenv101

Bite Club
Her stomach probably isn't big enough for two oz yet. I think that article says its like 5ml or something. And certified lactation consultants are great. I went on herbs to increase my supply in the beginning (i think it was week two or three) because rissa was a slow gainer. She didn't get back to birth weight until 3 weeks but she was just fine!

Stick with it mama. We had so many strikes against us but we ended up having no trouble. Like the girls said, don't be afraid to ask for help. And kellymom.com has been amazing. I have over supply issues and it has helped so much!

Barbara!

TMI post/question:

I am having hunks of things come out of me that look like giant boogers. It's gross. Mucus plug?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Congrats MM! She's adorable!

And Allison I live the photos - I think she's one of the only babies I've actually seen an awake picture of for a newborn shoot!

Congrats MM! She's adorable!

And Allison I live the photos - I think she's one of the only babies I've actually seen an awake picture of for a newborn shoot!
Haha that's because she screamed through the whole four hour shoot and would not sleep no matter what we tried! The ones of her sleeping were all taken within about a minute.

Members online

No members online now.