Are you good at placing screen protectors?

Are you good at placing screen protectors?

• Total voters

ACooper

Just what the title says.

Placing a protector DRIVES ME BONKERS! I always manage to have a speck of dust under there and of course that creates an air bubble. Then every time I use the device, that bubble is screaming "FAIL!" at me, LOL

So if you voted "Yes! I'm a pro!"..........please share tips and tricks! :D

Xandra

I bought like a $20 from Apple but never bothered putting it on. My phone is 2.5 years old and I think it's in pretty good shape.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
There's an air bubble or two that got under mine but it's not from when I put it on. I have no idea how they got there.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm okay at it.... my current phone doesn't have one, but I put one on my last phone and had no bubbles. Takes a couple attempts though lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm a pro by now, probably because I've had to do everybody else's :p

Though I put a screen protector on this iPod when I got it last week... IT HAS DISAPPEARED. I'm so very confused by it all.

yoko

I'm a pro by now, probably because I've had to do everybody else's :p

Though I put a screen protector on this iPod when I got it last week... IT HAS DISAPPEARED. I'm so very confused by it all.
Maybe you just put it on so good you can't see it.

I'm decent at it. I suck at making them straight but bubbles aren't that big of an issue.

Here's some advice if you always find little dust bubbles on it. Go into a bathroom turn on the shower and steam it up. Go in there and put it on. It gets all the junk in the air cleared out so bubbles shouldn't be an issue.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Maybe you just put it on so good you can't see it.

I'm decent at it. I suck at making them straight but bubbles aren't that big of an issue.

Here's some advice if you always find little dust bubbles on it. Go into a bathroom turn on the shower and steam it up. Go in there and put it on. It gets all the junk in the air cleared out so bubbles shouldn't be an issue.
I seriously thought that for a bit, and that's why I investigated more. Alas, there's usually a rectangle area around the front camera, because of how it's cut, and it just isn't there.

ACooper

....snip....Here's some advice if you always find little dust bubbles on it. Go into a bathroom turn on the shower and steam it up. Go in there and put it on. It gets all the junk in the air cleared out so bubbles shouldn't be an issue.
Yoko!!!! That is some awesome advice!
Makes me want to rip this protector off and go buy a new one :lol-sign:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Yoko!!!! That is some awesome advice!
Makes me want to rip this protector off and go buy a new one :lol-sign:
HAhahahahaha. I need to do this. I suck at it. Dog hair and air bubbles under mine, even though I cleaned EVERYTHING and used the little card they give you to do it with. I may just buy the Invisible Shield one and have Best Buy put it on.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm completely anal about it, it's rather ridiculous lol.

Best way for me is to clean the whole phone (not just the screen) and wash my hands so no bits of dust or fur. Dry both thoroughly. Remove the backing on the screen protector and line up while holding by the edges, then lower so the middle hits first. From there smooth a bit at a time from the center out toward the edges, kind of like you are stretching a canvas...middle to middle edges then middle to corners.

And yes I realize this makes me sound like a crazy person :p

I usually screw up all of them, use up the whole package of protectors, and finally give up on the last one. I end up using the last one even though it has bubbles, lint, dust, dog hair, ect under it.

Just... Fail lol.

B

Blue_Dog

Mine is messed up. It has several air bubbles and I just.... ugh gave up. But that bathroom idea sounds like a great one I might just try that!

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
You guys should check the screen protector that I have for both my iPhone and iPad. I do it myself, no dust no bubble. It is the BEST type of protector out there, designed especially for people like I once was (I was not good at putting on the traditional screen protectors. That is history now :p am a pro with this one. No bubble, no dust :p)
Here is one link to the type of protector I use: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8209VC/A

Seriously, it is the best after trying out the traditional ones that drove me crazy!

yoko

I actually learned that from some of my video game friends XD

For bubbles the best way I have found is to put one edge down and use the card to push the protector on as you slowly pull whatever it's stuck to out from under it. That way you have only touched that tiny edge and if you see a bubble you can pull the protector up off the phone and do it again there. *sorry don't know if that made sense* If you do it right you should only have bubbles at the very edge and those are easy to push out.

Members online

No members online now.