Vibes?

Saeleofu

My mom's cat went missing Sunday night. He's an indoor-only cat but has slipped out on a few occasions, but we've always found him within an hour or two. He's been gone almost three days now :( We hung up some fliers, and are hanging more today. He has to be so scared!

He is chipped, I had him chipped last year when I had him neutered. But in her infinite wisdom, my mom neglected to register said chip, even though I told her it's pretty much useless if it's not registered :wall: I also bought him a collar and ID tag for Christmas, but my mom took it off because "he didn't like it" :wall: :wall: :wall:

It there any way he could get under the house? That if where one of my inside cats went, and he was too terrified to come back out.

If you walk around the property at night with a flashlight, his eyes will glow. I've found neighbors' cats that way.

If all else fails either buy a humane cat trap (it's just a cage with a trap door) or borrow one from animal control. If you borrow one, I recommend bleaching it first. Use tuna (not in oil, use tuna in water) to bait it.

Good luck, I hope he comes home soon.

Saeleofu

He can't get under the house, we have a basement (as do all the houses around here). I looked with a flashlight the night he went missing and found A LOT of cats, but not him. Even took Tango out to look, since he and the cat are best buddies.

I'm wondering if he's in the shed. It's hard to get to (for people, anyway) and even harder to look through, but from what I could see from the door he wasn't there. I need to get someone to help me move things around to really search for him.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Poor baby, I'll keep him in my thoughts! I agree about a humane trap, you could even try putting it in the shed if you can't get in there good enough to look around.

Oh, that is so scary.

Odin, my uber sweet boy, slipped out last year. LIke yours, he has slipped out before but always stuck really close to the house. He also has always come when called. He was gone for several days and I was really getting freaked. Then, sitting in kitchen one day I hear a meow at the front of the house.....thinking my ears were tricking me and it was my other cat throwing her voice or something I kind of just sat there...I heard it agin. Ran to the front and there he was!

I will send energy your story ends the same

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope you find him soon. If you think he's under the shed, maybe put out some tuna or shake a box of cat food to see if it entices him to come out.

Saeleofu

We got him!!!! :D :D :D

I set out a crate with a bowl of food in it a couple days ago. Until tonight there was no sign of ANYTHING eating or going in it, even with the other cats and animals around here. Tonight we went out to dinner, and when we came home I spotted a fluffy tail running from the porch to the back yard. The bowl of food was almost gone, and I recognized his tail lol. He was hiding again so after searching for a bit, I refilled the bowl and told people to NOT GO OUTSIDE without checking first. I left to do laundry, and I just got a text that they got him!

I did convince her to register his chip while he was missing, but she still hasn't registered the other cat's chip (and he's actually more prone to escaping/running off). She has put the collar and tag back on the other cat, and I HOPE she learns her lesson and keeps a collar on this one! I'm trying to convince her to get Ella's Lead cat collars so that she'll be more motivated to keep them on (because they're GORGEOUS) and so that they're not shredded as easily as the cheapo dollar store collars.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
YAY!!! I'm so happy!

It always makes me so nervous when I see these threads, because we lost one of our cats, and he never came back.

Members online

No members online now.