Why buy the goat when....

Bofinger

Bo (woof) In Commentary:

I’ve heard of May-December romances, speed dating and even online dating hookups but interspecies dating is something I just can’t get my paws wrapped around. Let me know how you feel about this disturbing story about a distant cousin of mine.

A Chinese zoo says a wolf and a goat have become unlikely sweethearts after sharing a cage together.

Keepers at the zoo, in White Tower Park, Nanchong city, says the pair have become inseparable.

“If the goat is gone for a bit, the wolf will howl and run frantically around the cage until she comes back,†said keeper, Mr Xu.

Clearly a jealous wolf, he forbids her to talk with the giraffes, rhinos and most importanly the dingo’s in the neighborhood.

Prey and predator only started dating by accident a month ago, Xu told the West China City News.

“Early one morning I opened the goat’s fence to let her out to eat, and unexpectedly the wolf came out, because we hadn’t locked his cage securely,†he said.

“The wolf ran straight to the goat’s fence, and started howling when it smelled the goat.

“Hey, how you doin?†the wolf asked the goat as he eyed her from hoof to head. Never having been hit on, the goat didn’t know what to do so it just stood there, frozen.

Xu says he had to protect the goat until other employees came to help separate the animals.

Against the best advice from zookeepers and her parents to steer clear of the wolf, the goat started to open up to her suitor.

“…for the next several nights the two started getting to know each other better, and even exchanged howls and baas. You could tell they were flirting,†says Xu.

Five days later Xu and his colleagues came to a decision: “We thought, since they so much wanted to, why not put them together? It’s really rare for a wolf and a goat to be so close.â€

The zoo says that since being put together, the wolf and the goat have done everything together - except share meals. The wolf sticks to his meat while the goat enjoys a vegetable diet.

That’s wolfie for you, cheap as a cat.

Although the goat is hopeful of a proposal soon, sources close to the wolf say that an engagement is not in the works. They stated “Why buy the goat when you get milk and cheese for free, and it throws in a weekly lawn mowing to boot?â€
(A blog by a dog for all dogs, www.boknowsonline.com)

Members online

No members online now.