The Venting Thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I got an invitation in the mail a while ago to a wedding for some distant friend or other.
YAY RIGHT?
It's a dry wedding. As in, no alcohol. At all.

"Please be aware that alcohol will be prohibited at the ceremony and reception. This is a child friendly wedding"

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
No.

So more recently, this same person is on facebook whining about the lack of people RSVPing yes (only 1/3 of the expected list have said they would go) because she already booked a huge space and needs to fill seats.

and nobody is saying it. There are people like 'well..maybe it's the time of year" or "you know..this economy"
It's not the economy or the time of year.
It's that people don't hate themselves enough to spend their fridays in cape cod SOBER at your LONG AND VERY FORMAL "KID FRIENDLY" WEDDING

I know of a few parents who were invited and I quote.."Umm.. I'm not getting dressed up on a friday to drive out to the cape and be sober for an entire day. Want a child friendly wedding? Open bar and babysitter on duty." :rofl1:

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
My doctor suggested trying to up the metformin for awhile and I started it yesterday... Was sick as a dog all afternoon. About to crawl into bed with a warming bottle.

Saeleofu

I got an invitation in the mail a while ago to a wedding for some distant friend or other.
YAY RIGHT?
It's a dry wedding. As in, no alcohol. At all.

"Please be aware that alcohol will be prohibited at the ceremony and reception. This is a child friendly wedding"

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA
No.
I thought of this. Since, you know, you're the Gif Queen ;)

And I totally agree with you. NO WAY IN HELL.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I upgraded my phone and it really sucks at auto correcting now, even though I have it set to be "aggressive." Like... it doesn't autocorrect. At all. Which I hate because my silly fingers are always hitting the wrong letters lol. I expect my phone to know that by typing in "havebt" I really mean "haven't". Blah, extra work for me!

Lame vent, yes lol. My last few texts I just sent look really stupid though with all my typos and it's irritating. :p

Oh, also. My schedule was supposed to be that I would work a half day on Wednesday from 8a-2p, and then Thursdays I have off. Which would have flowed beautifully, and would be a nice break in the middle of the week. But now I have to switch with one of the other techs, and work a full day Wednesdays (8-7) and my half day would be Friday. Which is STILL nice because it'll flow into my weekend.... but I was really pumped about my midweek break!

Xandra

I thought of this. Since, you know, you're the Gif Queen ;)

And I totally agree with you. NO WAY IN HELL.
ahahaha that gif is perfect!!!

As far as I'm concerned weddings do not need to be sanitized for children. I don't know about you guys but even in childhood the more fabulous the party the more fondly I remember it. Open bars all the way lol

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I upgraded my phone and it really sucks at auto correcting now, even though I have it set to be "aggressive." Like... it doesn't autocorrect. At all. Which I hate because my silly fingers are always hitting the wrong letters lol. I expect my phone to know that by typing in "havebt" I really mean "haven't". Blah, extra work for me!

Lame vent, yes lol. My last few texts I just sent look really stupid though with all my typos and it's irritating. :p
That would annoy me so bad, I can't even imagine. x_x

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah after I took the IOS upgrade (the last one they had I think it was 6.0.1 or whatever) it sometimes doesn't autocorrect ... Or it will into a word(s) that I have never heard of or that are so far from what I was intending to put that it makes me laugh!

Most of the time it's pretty good ... But sometimes I think it gets tired of my typos & goes on strike! LOL!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Well I still feel like absolute crap. I am still so nauseous and my stomach hurts and I just feel still so out of it. So that means I have to call into work sick again, that would be the third day in the row. And to make matters worse Tyler is coming down with what I have. I hate the flu.

If it does not start getting better I might go see the Dr if I can, but I am Pretty sure they will just say I have the flu and set me on my way.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The wind woke me up... It's so loud.

And now I have to pee but I'm too cozy in bed.
Ugh people think I'm crazy when I say I hate the Wind. But seriously, it's SO loud especially when you are trying to sleep and it's just a nuisance at the best of times. if you aren't flying a kite... wind is just a pain. :rofl1:

Well I still feel like absolute crap. I am still so nauseous and my stomach hurts and I just feel still so out of it. So that means I have to call into work sick again, that would be the third day in the row. And to make matters worse Tyler is coming down with what I have. I hate the flu.

If it does not start getting better I might go see the Dr if I can, but I am Pretty sure they will just say I have the flu and set me on my way.
Hate to tell you this but it's a week to ten days before you'll start feeling human again. Drink something and go back to bed.

Members online

No members online now.