Ace isnt Eating

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
No one's judging you. We all understand money woes, but your dog needs help and now. Please examine all options before giving up on him. My crew and I wish you and your pup the best of luck.

Saje

Island dweller
If you can't take care of your dog you should put him into a no-kill that will get him the help he needs. If you suspect that will be the case it's a good idea to start looking for one now.

Budrbean

If you can't take care of your dog you should put him into a no-kill that will get him the help he needs. If you suspect that will be the case it's a good idea to start looking for one now.
Already started looking.

He did throw up this morning, but no object yet. But good thing is I think he held some food down cause he seems to be in good spirit today.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Where are you located? Some of us may be able to assist you in finding help.

Please consider the concept of emergencies before acquiring another pet. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
we had a kitten once that didn't grow. SHE had bowel movements and ate just fine, i thought she was a midget cat. Ends up she had the nipple of a baby's bottle in her belly and somehow the food passed through but wasnt' absorbed. For my lab that was so sick he couldn't eat we did boil rice, and hamburger seperately boiling off the fat and then mixed the two together. I am a big big big advocate of nutrical. I understand the frustration of vets and finances. If it were not for the humane not for profit clinic here i could not have my dogs. I hope your pup is able to rid himself of this. I imagine there are a lot of dogs out there with more things in their stomach then we could even guess and their owners clueless. Dehydration is the worst sign so i hope they can set you up with a bag and you can at least do sub q iv to make sure he stays hydrated and suffers no kidney damage because of it. Sorries for you and your pup. Keep us posted! Will be sending good energy your way.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
There is no way your pup can KEEP food down if nothing can pass through his system..

Has he gone to the washroom in the past 12hours? urine and fecal.

It sounds like the surgery might be your only option right now..

your pup sounds like hes having a hard time.

No judging get the Nutri call and Pedia lite.
My comment about seek a vet is cause I dont want you or anyone to take online advice ever over a VET..

IN Some cases you can learn some tricks and better things but simple diagnosis cant be done online.

Do You have paypal?

I will send you the money for the office visit to another vet and you can get payment arrangments on tests.

Dont want payment back .
But im worried and I know what it is like to be broke back in my younger days. I did rescue but never took a dog home to my nyc appts because I knew I was working 3 jobs to make ends meet.
And if you did the same for others when you can It would be a chain affect of good will.

Hugs JD

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I'm not judging you, just want what is best for your little guy. He must be in pain. :(

Do you have any relatives or friends that could help out with the money for the surgery?

Budrbean

Sorry so long for an update. GREAT NEWS! My prayer was answered and Ace seems to be just fine now. He has been eating normally for 3 days now and everything is back to normal, so Im pretty sure the foreign object found its way out. Im just glad it all worked out cause I really want to keep him. Thanks for everyones advice and support.

So now, who can give advice on pet insurance? Im thinking seriously about it after this ordeal'

That's great news Budrbean! I was concerned when we didn't hear anything for a couple of days. I'm glad Ace is feeling better. :)

Members online

No members online now.