A True Sign of Spring..

Debi

oh, forget about robins..haven't seen one yet..BUT, just spent a half hour brushing my dogs..and WOWZA, are they shedding!! BIG TIME shedding. BIG...TIME..shedding...........now, that IS a sign of spring!!!!!!!!! Lil Mz. Addie will look 5 lbs. thinner by June. Mr. Ham is ALWAYS shedding..but suddenly it is more than the usual. OH..makes me smile.....even with the work! :D now...IF only we could do away with the MUD! LOL

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I know! Maverick is like that. I coaxed him into letting me brush him last week with a bone. He hates being brushed but he'll put up with it for a bone. I could have stuffed a pillow! I got almost all of him done. And it's all right at the root. I could brush the surface until the cow's come home (gramma's saying) and not gett anything. What a lot of work. Our neighbours dog looks like he was butchered. He got shaved and he's all naked and not nice looking poor thing. And some groomer did that! He has a bandana. I think I know which one. I don't know why they don't brush him. I asked and he said that he basically goes and gets him shaved every once and awhile. <shrugs>

Debi

get that brush handy, Dena...I bet after a bath, you get the mother lode of hair, too! When I get a warm enough day to bathe....I can't imagine the bag of hair I'll get out of these two. I know full well that Mz. Addie needs the brushing thru the next 3 months...the hair I get out of her is amazing!!! I used to sit outside while waiting for Dave to come home from work...brushing her....TONS, TONS of hair plopped into a bag daily. BUT.............it IS a true sign of warm weather to come. :D :D :D (yeah...so a girl can dream while there is fog and gloom..and cold yet) dog hair doesn't lie.

I love that Debi, "dog hair doesn't lie." Now that's a true statement if ever there was one. Shiva's not shedding as much as Kharma, and Bimmer's not turning loose of his coat yet. He always sheds late - must be some survival mechanism in the wolf part of him. Shiva's coat is much softer and finer than Kharma's; it also is very easy to wet down, where Kharma's repels water very effectively. Another way I can tell the difference in show lines and working lines. Shiva's coat wouldn't serve her very well working on a South American fazenda, but Kharma's would be perfect.

But now, since you've got Hammie, you know why we call them "German Shedders!" :D

gapeach

Big Mutts
My mama's German shepard sheds year round, but we have tons of robins, they will be showing up north soon

Saje

Island dweller
Another sign of spring are the tulips poking their heads out in my front yard. :D

Everything is getting yellow here - the forsythia bushes and the daffodils. The peonies are breaking through the ground with their claret colored shoots, and the iris are beginning to rattle their sabres.

The roses at my house are beginning to leaf out . . . I need to get my hands in the dirt.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah yeah. I need another month and a bit to catch up. It's warmed here on the coast but I am still a two-hour drive from Alaska! :D

Saje

Island dweller
Renee750il said:
Only two hours from Alaska! Oh, don't I just envy you!

Well, it's actually 2 or 3 hours to the tip of Alaska that hangs down. Much farther to any major city.

Members online

No members online now.