CleverPet - thoughts?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hopefully the link works, I'm on mobile.
http://t.co/B9DYjLzpSj

One of Marshall's high school friends is on the team for this, and they just launched the kickstarter. I think it's a cool idea, but I wouldn't turn it on and leave. I'd at least be nearby to supervise.

And well, a $250 price tag is out of the question. :p

Thoughts?

Elrohwen

Ian Dunbar released a gadget recently that is fairly similar - it basically uses variable reinforcement to keep dogs entertained and cut down barking and SA symptoms. It's also way out of my price range, but I like the idea of stuff like this.

SaraB

I think it's a great idea! I wish they would elaborate more on the puzzles the dogs solve at the higher levels, I am having a tough time imaging what it can do.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I think it's a great idea! I wish they would elaborate more on the puzzles the dogs solve at the higher levels, I am having a tough time imaging what it can do.
I agree on all counts! I wish they would have explained the challenges a little more in detail.

ETA: oh wow, I just read that their API is Spark Core - so someone savvy could even design their own interaction programs? This thing could be seriously powerful/awesome.

RBark

Got Floof?
Clever but that thing would be annihilated in a day in .t house lol

Clever but that thing would be annihilated in a day in .t house lol
That's what I was just thinking, too. I'd definitely have to use it under supervision and even then it might not survive.

But it's so cool. I want to be able to use it.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
That's what I was just thinking, too. I'd definitely have to use it under supervision and even then it might not survive.

But it's so cool. I want to be able to use it.
I appreciate that they seem to have at least made it ergonomic and with very few "biteable" surfaces, but... yeah. Finn isn't destructive but the things I've seen people bring in to my store that their dogs destroyed that were deemed indestructible? Hope they have big warnings all over the product to save their butts. :p

DJEtzel

Over half way there! Boyfriend pledged to back it, so if they reach their goal we get to try one out with the dogs! I'm a little more than a little excited. Haha.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
If it was quite durable, I could see this being awesome for Wesley! Feist...I think Feist would find it a little too appealing.

Airn

Omg I want it. Gwen would rock that thing.

Of course, I say that and if/when I get it she'll probably hate it. Please don't hate it, Gwen. :popcorn:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Keep us posted guys! I'm watching it carefully, eager to hear reviews and see how they tweak and improve it.

I seriously considered backing it, except moving to a new house = no money. XD

Members online

No members online now.