Mary

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I use to tell Mary all the nice things CHazhound said about her. I would lean in real close and say how nice that was and she would always thump a thump. THank you Karl, Backwards CInderella, and MHMR. I wish I could have told her about all the love you have sent. SHE would have enjoyed that. I miss her so.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I kept one video on my camera so I can watch it before i go to bed. It brings me comfort.
A kiss for each ear to Ollie from me.

I wasnt able to say it here at the time. RIP Mrs Mary, we will all see you again at the Bridge. It was a privilege to have met you.

mypy

Taters
I went to Smkies last weekend. It was the 1st time since Mary passed. I kept expexting to see her walk around a corner. I almost called pepper by Mary's name. Thats when it hit me that she is really gone. I wish I would have gotten a chance to say goodbye to her. She was a great dog. I have never meet a dog quit like her. Rest in peace Momma Mary!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It has been almost a year. Now that fall has come I think back to last year and realize it could never have happened the way it did, if it was now. The weather is strange, the storm stripped the leaves from the trees. I am sicker, the stress of what the child is going through is all consuming. There was just something that happened last year where everything fell into place for her, what she more than deserved. I wish she could have met my new grandson. I watched his Mama changing him and he was fussy. I thought if Mary was here she would be putting warm snuffles in his ears and making him giggle. I think things like that all the time. I wish we could have had one more year, but I am glad that last year was what it was, perfect weather, ample time, everything to send her across the bridge the way I wanted her to go.

Wish you could see the river here and enjoy the fireplace. I wish a lot of things for you. Hope your blowing bubbles in cool creek water with fall leaves floating by in a permanent Indian summer of bone warming sunshine.. Praying the angel babies 2 and four feet are there for you to watch over. I miss your smile and your ever thumping tail. Thinking of you this way makes me feel that your somewhere doing what you do best.

It's been a long year without you. Sometimes I think you left me with the lunatics.

This thread never ceases to amaze me that people are still reading this all these months. I will check back now and again to see another hundred or so views. It is too random to be anything that I can think of other than her story being passed on. Makes me feel like she is still out there somehow.

THanks Blue and THanks Mypy for coming by to say goodbye.

Doberluv

What beautiful, reflective words you have to say to Mary. It sounds like you're quite at peace with her destiny. What a wonderful and lasting love she filled you with and you filled in her.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Time has gone by so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was looking at new Mary pics. I know she's loving life with all our loved ones.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
She would with bright eyes and an ever wagging tail. That is what I remember most, the constant of her cheerful, easy going, presence.
I really hope she is there to greet the babies, for them, and for her. I couldn't think of any one better.

Last edited:

Doberluv

Awwww....she was such a special girl. It's amazing how they stay in our hearts long after they're gone. There's just something about them and their beautiful nature that makes such a strong bond with us.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
look who came for Christmas trough the love of CR
Ups brought this to my door last night. WHen I opened the package I heard Hyia's words, LOve comes from many directions with Mary. Truer words were never spoken. Merry Christmas CR and bless you for bringing Mary to our hearth and letting us feel her warmth. I can almost hear her tail thump thump thump. She would have loved this. (((((((((((BIG GIANT HUGS))))))))) from all of us. Your sent prints of all my favorites. Truly love all wrapped up. Your just full of awesomeness, this made me very happy. I wanted to post this here because I think you love Mary too.

Barb04

Super Moderator
That is such a beautiful pic of Mary. Mary will always be a special girl that touched all of our lives.

Members online