elderly man attacked my 3 dogs

B

BlackDog

elderly man attacked by 3 dogs

My grandfather just turned 88 last tuesday and he spent it in the hosptial. He was taking a walk in his naighborhood when the next door naighbors three dogs got loose and attacked him. He was rushed to the ER by my uncle. X-rays showed that he had a factured pelvis, and three fractured ribs. When the ribs fractured it punctured his lung and they had to do surgery. Of course there were bites across his body as well. They were very deep. He spend five days in the hosptial and now he is in a nursing home. The trama of the even has caused him to loose some of his saneity. He tried to pull out the chest tube that was put in to keep his lung inflated. He fights with the nurses about going to physical therapy and can't always remember where he is.

The owner of the three dogs has admitted to knowing the dogs have bitten a person before in her home. When the policy went around asking naighbors for information a naighbor came foreward and said he was also biten by one of the dogs before and will testify in court. He never filed a complaint because the dog never broke the skin. At this time the dogs are in the hands of animal control. A court date is set to dicide if the dogs should be put down.

The policy want to place a felony against the owner of the dogs on top of the dogs being taken by animal control and posiably being put down. This just proves you never know what can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
D*mn, that sucks...I hope the felony charge sticks and your grandfather regains his health and facilities!

luvmydogs

i feel so sorry for your grampa i hope he is getting well soon. also.....i thought your grandfather attacked dogs. because u said grandfather attacked MY dogs instead of BY dogs....
most likely the dogs WILL be put down, because they are seen as a deadly weapon. they should put down the owner instead... :D

Y

yuckaduck

I am so sorry about your grandfather and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Those dogs should be put to sleep they are dangerous and the owner shoudl be in jail, being attacked by the prisoners in there, how irresponsible can you get?

So terribly sorry to hear about your grandfather. Part of his loss of faculties may be because of pain medication, so hopefully he will recover his ability to think clearly when he can stop taking the pain meds. That's something to hope for in all of the trauma.

You probably have a rather good civil suit against the owners that will at least pay for all of his medical bills and the time your family has had to spend dealing with this. You might want to look into it and start the action as soon as possible so that an attorney can try to tie up any assets they have before they use them to pay a criminal defense attorney in the criminal case.

bubbatd

What a shame !!!! What type of dogs were they ?? Not that is really matters....it's the owner's fault !

B

BlackDog

Well he isn't on pain meds because he is already this way. The dr.'s are afraid that if they put him on pain meds it will make him much worse. Can you imagine having all that pain and being on nothing for it? God!

It was a 45 pound cockapoo, and 85 pound pit bull, and a german shepard. I don't know the weight of the german shephard. The neighbor is fighting to get back all three dogs. Meanwhile she hasn't even came to visit my grandfather in the nursing home or hospital. She hasn't even send flowers. She offered to cut his lawn and pay the hospital bills but of course her insurance says no.

Y

yuckaduck

That is just aweful and so heartless of her. I hope your grandfather feels better soon. I feel so bad for him, it must be aweful. I always think of my grandpa when I see elderly gentlemen and it makes me so sad the way the younger generation treats them. So sad! I think we could learn alot from them and I do volunteer work with the nursing home here. Hoping to certify a thearpy dog to go in there with, not Yukon. They would love it!

Doberluv

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I do send your grandfather my best and hope he feels better soon. This is just terrible.

I agree that your family needs to get a lawyer quickly. Her insurance company says 'no." That's a laugh. Her insurance company would be paying big bucks if I had anything to say about it.

I wish you all peace soon.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear what happened to your grandfather. He's in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Amstaffer

Very sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope he has improved a lot since your last post.

I hope your grandfather gets the guys house and I hope the owner of the dogs goes to prison. :mad: If people went to prison for raising mean dogs you would see a lot fewer mean dogs.

My prayers are with you and your grandfather.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Ooooo.... my heart goes out to your grandfather and your family.
Best of luck in getting well!
I hope those doggies are punished for a long time >: (

-Laurr

Members online

No members online now.