About Frontline Plus?

Gobe

I have a little Yorkie and I am going to put the frontline plus on him, but my question is ..... In the house there are two other dogs. A long haired Chi and a Blue Sheltie... I think they both have fleas. Will the frontline work on him if the other dogs have fleas? (not treating them for fleas, not my dogs) Or should I get them to get some flea meds and treat them all at the same time?

Thanks - Gobe

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Hmm.. I dont know much about the frontline plus.. but Revolution kills all cycles of the flea NOT just the adults..

You definately want a prevenative that can kill the cycles of the flea..

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'd be concerned if you live with these other possibly flea infested dogs of yourself honestly. Sure you'll keep your dog safe, but the thought of a house infested with fleas personally makes my tummy crawl..
We used sentinal our first doggie year which doesn't kill all cycles of fleas and ended up with a minor in house flea issue. Which is something else, fleas may travel on your dog and choose not to bite.. I ended up with months of flea bites on my legs. They quit biting my dog to become sterilized and started biting me. Was really nasty..

Frontline Plus kills all cycles of fleas like Revolution as well. In addition to fipronil that affects flea nervous system causing paralysis and death, it also contains methoprene that eliminates flea eggs and larvae, keeping all stages of fleas from developing in this way...
I would probably apply the treatment to two other dogs as well to not live in the house infested with fleas... However Frontline Plus will keep your dog safe in any case.

Gobe

Thanks... The 2 other dogs are not infested, if they were I would of went and bought them long time ago. Think they had the treatment last month but don't have any left and have few fleas. Going to get them some treatment today.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks - Gobe

My mother and father-in-law have always used Frontline Plus on their dog. When she had puppies, they got fleas before they were old enough to use it. The mother never got them and the puppies were still feeding from her. As long as the dog doesn't have fleas now, the Frontline will work

Members online

No members online now.