How a Fila puppy clears a room

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This probably was quite the sight to see; I just hope the owner doesn't take this as blossoming ojeriza, because then he's really in for an issue.

Even Virgo, for all the shenanigans she pulled at home, was pretty well behaved in public.

crazedACD

My concern, too, is that this was an event with a store 'packed' with animals and people. It's also one thing if you are trying to work with the dog..on a quiet day..where you can escape to a quiet aisle if needed. But if there is a crowd in there...I would only have dogs in there that are on their best behavior.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Adrianne posted this, and it bears repeating.
It's bad dog behavior, not lab, not terrier, not fila behavior. It must be dealt with and not humored as such.
That dog needs HELP, not to be humored. If the owner allows that behavior to go on and rewards it with bones and treats, he clearly has NO idea what he's doing and I hope he sees a trainer soon before he has a legitimate incident with his dog.

I'm a dog trainer; I've dealt with a lot of dogs and don't spook easily, but I'd be scared shitless of a large, young, out of control dog with an owner who was making no effort to stop the behavior. I don't think it's that funny, honestly. =/ Nothing wrong with sharing your experience, but I fail to see the humor in it like you do.

yoko

It's very difficult to have patience with a dog that is a public menace, has issues that the owner does nothing to curb or correct but may even encourage, and the fact that their handler also thinks that nothing is wrong with their bad behavior.
That's exactly what this owner was doing though...

And I don't know many fearful/freaked out dogs who knock over an entire container of treats onto the floor and scarf them up.
I have one of the most food motivated dogs alive. There has been a couple times when she got out of her crate and ate almost a full bag of food that was almost half her weight at the time. She was pooping while she was eating and she kept going. Even she wouldn't jump up and knock over a container to get to treats. She may pull on the leash, which is my fault but I keep a tight hold on her on a short leash so she's always there.

You owe me a new keyboard. :rofl1:
I think Chaz keeps keyboard companies in business.

Barbara!

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. I also think it's kind of sad that a single quote from a very early thread, that was made in a completely different context, is getting whipped out every thread she makes when people look at all the responses like :confused:
I agree 100%. There was nothing antagonistic about the OP at all. I honestly feel like some of you guys are just getting upset only to get upset. Doesn't make any sense to me..

Yeah, I have nothing against the OP, I really don't, I just feel like we really can't complain about this when she said herself pretty much that she does it to get a rise and we keep feeding into it.

She posts these "experience" threads almost daily, all seeming to have the same motivation, which is a reaction like this. If we don't ever respond to this type of thread, eventually it would probably stop, and at the least if nobody responds then it can't have this huge result. So...yeah.
So that's a good reason to make a spectacle and argument over every single thread she posts? She even said she would agree to disagree and continued to be dragged through the mud. Arguing for the sake of argument doesn't get anyone anywhere.

How was her OP asking for a reaction like this? This is a DOG forum. So it's only natural when she has an experience dog related... To post it here. This debacle of a thread wasn't created by her... It was created by the people with the unreasonably wadded up underwear.

Xandra

I agree with Romy and Barbara... I don't think the OP posted about the fila specifically to start a fight.

Yeah she might like controversy (half the forum is itching to indulge in controversy, don't kid yourselves). It is possible to both hold a lot of unpopular opinions and enjoy debate without being insincere/expressing yourself solely for the shitstorm effect. And even if she is intentionally provocative in some threads, that does not mean she anticipates or wants a fight about everything she posts.

IMO she seems taken by these large guardian breeds and so yeah it's plausible that she is a little more sympathetic to them then other breeds. Maybe she posted it expecting other lovers of large guardian breeds to be similarly sympathetic. Who knows. I haven't thoroughly read the entire thread but from what I did read it seems she's basically been trying to defuse the thread in her subsequent replies.

Dekka

Just try me..
I honestly don't think she did either Xandra. I think she put her foot in her mouth. She has insulted many of us small dog loving/rescue dog loving owners. Then she comes on here and goes OMG how cute this big fila is doing all those things I abhor in dog groups I don't like. Squee wasn't that fun?!

As Laur pointed out:
Oh yep. If it were one of the other groups of dogs, would you have posted it in this way?

I don't think we're overreacting. The OP has had several threads about how people should never have dogs that aren't under control. Those little ankle biters are horrible. Rescue dog owners just make excuses for their dog's behavior.

Sorry for calling out a blatant double standard.
Thank the stars above Dekka and I weren't in that store. That event would have undone so much of the training I have put into my LITTLE well behaved but somewhat dog aggressive dog. I would have been furious that someone with so little control and little ability TO control (as pointed out at least a little dog you can block or the owner can pick up) let their dog terrorize a packed store.

And for what its worth I don't care who posted about it. My thoughts as I read the op caused me to cringe. If you own a breed like a fila in this day and age you need to be BETTER than the average dog owner. Not unless you like BSL. You have to be aware that you have a big scary dog and that your misbehaving dog could scare people and other dogs, undoing training and in general being a real menace.

I take it very seriously when Dekka snarks in public. Even with the other dog doesn't care because she is tiny. Rude is Rude.

Double standards are also rude. It assumes that one group is inherently more worthy than another.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
And I'm not condemning or condoning her behavior - just posting on something I saw happen today is all.
But...why? After reading this whole thread, and generally staying out of all your threads (like really, haven't read many of them), my one question is why would you post this? If it's not to say it's good behavior or to say it's bad behavior, what in the world is your point for this thread?

What did you expect people to say? "Oh, interesting observation today"...?

Members online

No members online now.