First alpine hike of the year

Kootenay

We headed out on our first alpine hike of the summer a few days ago. Good times were had by all! We had quite the crew, 6 people and 5 dogs jam packed into 1 Toyota Rav 4. Very squishy ride up the mountain, but we made it. The hike its self wasn't too long, as we had Onyx along, as well as a very elderly Lab and Dachshund.

I brought my lame kit lens with me for some reason so the photos aren't the best, but here they are!

The scenery is ok I guess

Old Pluto

Taking a dip in an icy mountain stream

Pluto and Yarrow enjoying the view

So incredibly excited about this snow stuff!

More...

Kootenay

Our destination...Heart Lake! A few of my crazier friends took a dip. I declined.

Always gotta get a howling photo

Charlotte hitching a ride and some mountaintop tooth brushing

Onyx's head is missing...

Uncooperative group photo, but at least the backdrop is nice!

We put Onyx in the pack for a while even though she was sure she wasn't tired. She was very good about it.

A few more...

Kootenay

Very proper puppy

Yeah, don't ask about the ears...they came along for some reason and everyone took turns wearing them

Poser Jazz

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Please, please, please, please, PLEASE let me move in with you!!!!!

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
i love the pic of jasper in the water by the trees. gah the scenery is so nice where you live

I saw the first picture with miss Onyx and thought, "ohh, someone brought a Mal puppy. Bet that was fun." then my brain caught up.

Looks like beautiful hiking!

GoingNowhere

Your hike looks like a ton of fun! Like everyone else, I just love the scenery. I would love to hike out there.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sooo... as always I love your pictures. . . but what lens do you normally use for photography? I want a good scenery lens. :rofl1:

Barb04

Super Moderator
What gorgeous scenery to hike in. Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Kootenay

Thank you everyone! We definitely all had a blast!

Sooo... as always I love your pictures. . . but what lens do you normally use for photography? I want a good scenery lens. :rofl1:
Well my normal lens is not really a good scenery lens, I usually use a 50mm f1.8. But the one I had this day was the 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens. It's nice to have the wide angle capabilities for the scenery...but I just don't like the quality of the photos it takes.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Thank you everyone! We definitely all had a blast!

Well my normal lens is not really a good scenery lens, I usually use a 50mm f1.8. But the one I had this day was the 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens. It's nice to have the wide angle capabilities for the scenery...but I just don't like the quality of the photos it takes.
Gotcha. That's my norm, too. But I can't get good scenery photos for anything.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I love all of them! So beautiful. And have I mentioned how much I love the name Onyx? Very pretty.

Equinox

I think these turned out great!! Let's make a deal, I borrow Yarrow for a few weeks and you can borrow my wide angle lens for landscape photography? :p I seriously feel like my wide angle lens is going to waste here, I almost never take it out.

If not... just remember, if you keel over I called dibs on Yarrow :rofl1: Seriously love that boy. And Onyx in the backpack is SO ridiculously cute.

ummmm, speaking of which, what are you using? I keep loving on your photos and then I click the Flickr links but the EXIF info is never available. Share your skills, will ya? :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
ummmm, speaking of which, what are you using? I keep loving on your photos and then I click the Flickr links but the EXIF info is never available. Share your skills, will ya? :D
50mm 1.8, same as Kootenay! :D She just has better skills with it.

I just want a landscape lens..

Equinox

That's the one I have, too :rofl1: God dang it, you are both making me feel incompetent.

I have a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 that I really, really do love. I just never ever take landscape photos because we don't go out much :p That probably needs to change!

Members online

No members online now.