Mary

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
A few people expressed a liking to my avie. I hadn't posted the picture because it was not a good seeing day for SMkie when i took that.:( But i went back and tried to bring it out a little because i like it too.

Adroits thread about one word has had me thinking for days. THere isn't one word i can think of that will describe VIctor..i haven't been able to wean that down to a dozen. Pepper i am still getting to know. SHe is like a book that only lets you read a chapter at a time, then makes you go off and think about it for a good long while.

But Mary, i think i can. ANd that would be Compassionate. WHatcha think? Would you tell this dog your secrets, or shed your tears? DO you think she would understand? ANd fuss over your babies, and cheer you up when your down, and make you smile when your not? http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10642

I kiss her on the forehead, and she always sighs a deep sigh. I do not know anyone on this planet i understand as well as i do my Mary. SHe is so much family, we raised both of ours together..but it is more then that. SHe's sister and mother and best friend all wrapped up in one. I tuck her in at night so she won't get cold..but she never stays that way. I cover her each time i wake. SHe is always the one to announce the morning and the "love in" for lack of better words to describe it, that 10 minutes we all greet and be sweet to each other before we start our day.
NOt just me petting them, but they nibbling and licking each other's face and ears. Victor is always sweet to his mommy. HE is sweet to Pepper now too which always takes her by surprise.

I take Hy to school with mary in the back seat. I always give her last bite...and she always knows i will. SHe never asks, or pushes, or rains drool and bubbles like VIctor. WHen she walks, her tail always wags. EVEn tho i know it hurts her. Yesterday she didnt' get up so much. NEither did i. I don't feel well and she's tired. BUt the "little kid" has had all the cooped up she can take. SO when i put them in the car, Mary will want to go along. I will boost her bottom in the car IF she needs me to. AT the park we will watch "the little kids" play.

THen at home i will clean and remind her why she is lucky to be a dog and not a human,no cleaning, no bills, i can say that because she will be there watching me, keeping me company.

SHe likes old country music and she use to dance by rocking foot to foot. SHe doens't do that anymore, but she still likes it all the same and thump a tumps to let me know. SHe always lays beneath the piano when i play. ONCe she came up and gently set her muzzle on one key, and it made one sound. THen she took up her usual place beneath the baby grand.

I don't know a soul that has gotten more beautiful with age. INside and out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACooper

Awe smkie, that IS a wonderful picture of Mary, and those are lovely words written about her from someone who obviously loves her very, very much with all their heart :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IT was so nice out late morning. I took them to the field and she turned (selective deafness lately) and trotted her way to the woods. I had to go after her she was so excited. She still had a lovely time in the field while "The kids" did their hunting.
Very very much with all my heart is right, she had such a happy face and a skip in her get along. HEr body may have changed but her mind just won't admit it.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Such a wonderful picture of Beautiful Mary. I know I'd tell her all my secrets, and I know she'd understand. I mean, look at that face. Something about her just makes you want to pour your heart out to her.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
and you wouldn't even have to say it outloud, she would just know ;)

I use to watch her stay close to whatever child was upset

then i got to enjoy her "Crush" on Justin
she was down right demure

we just got done putting stuff away outside
SHe limps beside me but her face is happy and her tail never stops.

Everytime I see Mary's picture I think of my childhood dog Lacey. There's something in their eyes that just soothes the soul. :)

SpringerLover

Awww, Mary. If it wasn't so apparent how much love she already has, I'd say I want to steal her... but I couldn't. You give each other so much!

Lovely picture of her. Absolutely beautiful!

Smkie, with all your wonderful and detailed descriptions of her ... how could anyone NOT love Mary?!? I have never had the pleasure of meeting her ... but yes, I love Mary. :) Puppies are cute and young dogs are wonderful ... but there is nothing like the steadfast, faithful, and soulful love of a senior dog.

Beautiful picture of her ... she's a very pretty girl.

bubbatd

Smkie .... there's nothing better than a good Retriever .....their eyes are the window to their souls . I saw that in Mary when I first met her . I'm so glad that you recognize that .

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Mary is an amazing dog and I feel lucky to have gotten to know her in her twilight years. She is the most solidly happy dog you can meet and while the others are running around and bouncing and barking, she rocks back and forth and snorts at you. She adores having her ears rubbed and little scritches at the base of her tail and still enjoys a good gallop through the woods.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Today she was just happy walking beside me. Solidly happy, that's a real nice discription Zoomer.
WHen we were walking Pepper and VIctor of course are nose deep in the mud making dirt fly left and right, they could care less if i was sitting in the car or not. THeir new hunting partnership is just annoying.
But she doesn't care about any of that. SHe is happy YOUR there. ANd somehow she makes your efforts feel appriciated. I Don't know how to describe it, that wasn't very good.
IT's the smile and the light in her eyes, her good humour, the little gallop, the wagging tail. SHe LOOKS at you. ANd then trots away ahead, then back again.
I know I made her happy and that makes me happy too.
AFter we strolled until i saw her limp get worse, then i knew we best stop. Head back and pull dummy one and dummy two out of their muddy holes. Dirt up to their ears, in their teeth, all over their noses, up their legs and speckling their undersides :rolleyes:. All i did was interupt their pursuits.

Thanks all for letting me be so mushy 'bout my girl.

bubbatd

Mush on !!!! My old dogs gave me such joy when they wanted to keep living . I did everything to keep them happy and heathy . Each one , in their own way , told me when they were ready .

Barb04

Super Moderator
For those who haven't met Mary, let me say that she is everything that Smkie describes and more. She's such a precious girl.

Members online

No members online now.