Whats the best site to buy dog medication (Frontline, Heartgard, etc)?

Ruckus

The Shifferbranes
my vet (Banfield) charges sooo much for it. they tack on an extra 25-50% as opposed to buying it online.

1800petmeds would appear to be the safest, but those other sites I listed above have better prices than 1800petmeds, but the question is are they trustworthy?

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me

oriondw

user not active
I get my at local vet, he's same price as those places.

Banifield is ripping people off.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't know about other sites but I have always used pet meds and they are great. They send reminders when its time to order again lol and they email you to let you know when its been shipped. So far I have been pretty happy with the service from them :D

doberkim

Naturally Natural
i buy straight from my vet. the product i get from him i know is legal and licensed in the US (unlike pet meds), the product i get from him will be backed by the manufacturers (unlike some other locations), and i know they are obtained legally.

Dobelover

Dobe's rule
We get our from the vet. I treid to buy it online but the vet I had at the time would not give me the prescription for it to buy it online he wanted me to buy it from him. Of course.....:rolleyes:

Ash47

Taco Dog
doberkim,
You are right. I prefer buying from the vet because you know that it is backed and legal. My boss won't give meds when a pet is boarding if she or another vet hasn't prescribed it, because she doesn't know if the proper tests have been run on the dog to be able to know if the dog is able to take it.

Ruckus

The Shifferbranes
The only 2 medications I need (that my vet prescribed) are Heartgard Plus and Clavamox (antibiotic), which are both available at petmeds. Banfield wants to charge me $78 for the Heartgard ($40 from petmeds) and $61 for the Clavamox ($18 from petmeds).

Sure I would like to give my pet THE best health care and and have peace of mind by buying it from the vet, but honestly I really dont have thousands to spend on him each year. Im doing the best I can with what I have :(

So 1800petmeds isnt legal and licensed in the US? I would have thought so because its a pretty well known site and they contact your vet for the prescription, but I could be wrong. They do sell the exact same medication that your vet prescribes (for minor health problems).

oriondw

user not active
I bought heartguard from my local vet for 3 months, for 150 pound dog...

It cost me like 30$.

Ruckus

The Shifferbranes
oriondw said:
I bought heartguard from my local vet for 3 months, for 150 pound dog...

It cost me like 30$.
key word being your "local" vet, not Banfield.

Heartgard Plus only makes sizes up to 100 lbs. Are you giving your dog a tablet and a half?

Forget to mention, im getting the 6 month supply of Heartgard (51-100 lbs) for $40.

Members online