Hey rat owners!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm wondering what bedding/litter you use? I feel like I've tried everything, and they are still stinky. I know that males are smellier than girls, but I'd like to do what I can to keep the smell to a minimum, especially since they are in my small living area and we have people over a lot.

They are litter trained, and I (usually) clean the box out daily, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly the urine that I'm smelling.

Thanks!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm using Petco's brand paper pellets. From the cat litter aisle lol. I like it better than Yesterdays News plus it's way cheaper at like $11 for 25lbs. I can go a week between cleanings and the only area that really ever smells is the corner that they pee in, basically once that's scooped out we're good to go lol.

MicksMom

I used Aspen shavings when I had rats. They weren't litter box trained, tho, so it went in the entire bottom of their cage.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I made a bottom pan out of huge kitty litter trays and just use aspen. When I clean the cage, I wash everything down with a oet friendly cleaner/deodorizer.

I also only have one rat, and he's neutered, so.. he's not that smelly anyway. Lol

I just did towels under fleece. Not the best for smell though I did have them in my living room for years. As long as I kept up on it we were usually fine.

Members online

No members online now.