Do your dogs follow you everywhere?

Kenya and Pumpkin are almost always in the same room I'm in. Kenya likes sleep beside my feet while I'm using the computers and she follows me when go to kitchen or anywhere else. Pumpkin will sometimes sleep on the couch.

Airn

Yes. Gwen sleeps under my desk and paws\opens doors if I leave her for too long. Always needs to be aware of what's going on.

CaliTerp07

Yep. I worry if she's not within 4-5 feet of me at all times.

The exception is if it's late at night and DH is downstairs (or out) and I go up to bed early. Then she hangs out at the top of the stairs, trying to split the difference between us (or keep an eye on the front door for when he comes home!)

JacksonsMom

Sort of. He keeps his eye on me at all times. If he can see me, he will stay put where he is laying. Once I'm out of sight, he gets up and follows me. OR if the fridge opens, he immediately gets up lol.

tucksmom

Well, I am followed by Tucker, unless I turn on the bath faucet, or my husband has food. Rocky, doesn't move more than he absolutely has to.

Kootenay

Onyx yes, Jasper and Yarrow not at all.

Onyx is pretty much my little shadow, but the boys just do their own thing mostly, and sleep a lot wherever they are most comfortable.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Gracie follows me in to every room.Although I draw the line on the bathroom, sometimes she still pokes her head in the doorway. I remind her "I don't need any help",with that she backs back out.:lol-sign:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yes. Juno always tags along with me when I move about the house. When I hennaed my hair, Juno got hennaed as well because she wouldn't just freaking stay out of the bathroom. =P

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Funny, I asked this a couple months ago and Wesley really didn't. Now he's much more likely to be around me, probably follows me 75% of the time.

Snark

Mutts to you
Sort of - if they think I'm about to do something more interesting than sitting in a chair in front of the computer (or Mick thinks there's a chance of getting a cookie). I don't get followed from room to room, unless I stay in another room longer than the dogs think necessary, then they come looking to see what's going on. They'll do that on off leash walks, too - go off to explore but if I don't stay within sight, they come back to check.

Jonas and Shambles, yes. The rest couldn't care less. Shambles only follows me to see if I'm doing something he can have/break/interrupt and if not he eventually leaves and goes to harass someone else.

Red.Apricot

Elsie yes, Zobby no.

Right at this moment Elsie is laying on the sofa making moon eyes at me because I went out to lunch with my mom. Zobby is laying in front of my roommate's door because she is in there and he likes her more than he likes me. :rofl1:

k9krazee

Crossbone knows where we are at all times and most of the time will follow (unless we're moving about in the same room in sight). He especially hates it when DH and I are in different rooms or levels of the house and will run back and forth between us.

Not really on topic - but interesting tidbit we realized recently! He's now learned the difference between us popping in the house in the middle of the day to grab something we forgot and when we're home for good - no matter what the time! For the former he won't even get off the couch or barely opens his eyes. But his mood is completely different when we're home for the day.

Gypsydals

There is a reason why there are so few pictures of Ivan. LOl he is always very very close by. Unless I lock him up to go into the bathroom. Peewee is more Stevens dog so he rarely follows me, unless I'm in the bathroom. I don't know what it is about that room, but it seems no-one can leave me alone when I go in there.

MicksMom

Sort of - if they think I'm about to do something more interesting than sitting in a chair in front of the computer (or Mick thinks there's a chance of getting a cookie). I don't get followed from room to room, unless I stay in another room longer than the dogs think necessary, then they come looking to see what's going on...
Caleb, too. Right now, he's sacked out snuggled against his bed in the living room. But just a few minutes ago he was in here checking on me. Outside, he'll wander around the yard, looking over his shoulder periodically to make sure I'm where he left me. It useless to tell my husband to keep an eye on him if I have to run into the house for something because, as soon as he realizes I've gone in, Caleb runs and stands at the door until I come back out.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well...does this answer the question?

I also have to shut the door if I want privacy in the bathroom. And whenever I take a shower, Abrams is either a.) in the shower with me or b.) asleep on the bathroom floor. If I go outside, they both wait by the door until I come back. In the evenings, if Abrams is sleepy he won't just lay down and go to bed, he has to lay down and go to bed by me. So heaven forbid I move to another room, or walk across the room...he's up following me and plopping down right by my feet as soon as I stop moving, even if it is only for a second.

Cynder is much less needy, but she's also Mike's dog. She saves her neediness for him.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Also wanted to add: Abrams must be touching at least some part of me at all times. (Or what feels like at all times.)

If I am sitting on the couch and he wants to chew on a toy/bone, he has to do so in my lap (or standing on the floor, with his head on my lap). When I work out and lay down on the floor to do crunches, he must come and lay down almost on top of me. (I'm none to pleased.) And now, as I sat back down at the computer, he came and laid down...on my foot.

Dumb dog.

Members online

No members online now.