The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's been all weekend and I still don't know what to do about my job... my mom thinks I should talk to the radio station about coming back... I just... don't know. My friend still hasn't messaged me back even though I know she's been on to read my message. I'm pretty upset about that and that she hasn't even messaged me back, even though I know she must feel horribly awkward so I kinda understand.

I wish the station would ASK me to come back... then I could say "yes" and not have to deal with any awkward stuff...

I just have no idea what to do. I know 100% this job isn't the right fit but that doesn't mean 100% I should just up and leave it either... I really just don't know what to do. I hate feeling like this. I wish I had anybody at all I could trust to help me work through things like this too. Nearly all of my friends bail whenever things get rough, my parents have never been any real help, I'm single so it's not like I have a significant other to talk things through with. I am alone and it sucks. And what's more, I look ahead of me and the rest of my life stretches out looking JUST LIKE THIS and it will never get any better.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Dealt with a moron today who was looking for a food to help her cat with failing kidneys. I asked if she would be willing to try canned food since it can help a lot. Her response was...

"No. You know why? Because if cats don't have enough kibble their teeth get infected, then their hearts get infected, and then they die! It happened to one of my cats."
In a very "I obviously know more than you" kind of way.

Apparently dying of kidney failure is preferable to...whatever the heck she was trying to say.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Additional Vent:

I am unreasonably aggravated about not being able to find Frodo's Halloween collar. He only gets to wear it for a short time every year, and I can't freaking FIND IT ANYWHERE! :cry:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It's been all weekend and I still don't know what to do about my job... my mom thinks I should talk to the radio station about coming back... I just... don't know. My friend still hasn't messaged me back even though I know she's been on to read my message. I'm pretty upset about that and that she hasn't even messaged me back, even though I know she must feel horribly awkward so I kinda understand.

I wish the station would ASK me to come back... then I could say "yes" and not have to deal with any awkward stuff...

I just have no idea what to do. I know 100% this job isn't the right fit but that doesn't mean 100% I should just up and leave it either... I really just don't know what to do. I hate feeling like this. I wish I had anybody at all I could trust to help me work through things like this too. Nearly all of my friends bail whenever things get rough, my parents have never been any real help, I'm single so it's not like I have a significant other to talk things through with. I am alone and it sucks. And what's more, I look ahead of me and the rest of my life stretches out looking JUST LIKE THIS and it will never get any better.
I am so sorry :(. Praying for you. This kind of stress really sucks and it really takes a toll on you physically and emotionally

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mom has officially put in her vote for trying to go back to the radio station. And I sort of think that's the right move. My friend said the same thing but he wants me to come back so he can work with me again so he can't be trusted haha.
So at lunch tomorrow I'm going to pop back by the station and see if the GM or business manager is there and if they'll take me back.

I have no idea how this is going to go over. =< They may be like "LOL no." At least then I won't wonder anymore.

I got out and now I want to go back... what is wrong with me? ugh. No win, no win.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ugh Beanie I'm sorry the new job isn't working out. I can definitely relate to that, but I have the "luxury" of still living at home, so bouncing around job to job or taking pay cuts is not a big life decision for me. But I feel like I am forever going to be stuck in this rut of ending up in jobs--not careers--that make me miserable. My 6 year old nephew is a smart and observant kid, and said to me yesterday, after he learned that I quit the preschool job... "why do you keep quitting jobs right after you get hired?" LOL and it is so true. I keep getting myself into things that I can't stand to do for any significant amount of time. I don't know if it is a good thing that I recognize when something is not right for me, and work to change the situation; or if it is a shortcoming of mine that I "give up" easily and don't stick it out with my fingers crossed that it gets better. In any case.... I hate that I keep doing this.

I know you don't want to go back to the radio, but if that is the "lesser of the two evils", then I hope it works out for you!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Beanie feel free to pm me!! You always have someone to talk to, you're not alone! :)

Southpaw I know what you mean. I felt the same way when I quit my retail job. I'd just gotten it about a month or so before I quit and I felt like crap just quitting the first job I'd ever really had after hardly having it to start with. But honestly that job made me MISERABLE. I hated every single day that I had to wake up and go into that place. So I'm so glad I switched to this job because it is SO much better for me. Do I think it will end up being a life long career? Not really. But it's a job and it's so much better than what I had. And I can see myself here for a while.

My vent: my back is SUPER jacked up at the moment, along with my neck. Wtffff.

Paige

Let it be
Some times Briggs' dad makes me want to kick him. I sent him a message on facebook two days ago letting him know I will be using a different phone number. I generally don't text him because I like to see if he's read the message or not as he has a habbit of not responding back to me for over a month at a time.

He gets the message. He responds right away. I told him at Briggs' birthday (that was the 29th) that if he wanted to see him before mid November, early December he'd have to have his next visit sooner than the six to eight weeks he likes to wait because I will have a newborn baby and will be too tired to have company over. So he says yeah, lets make plans. Well he didn't... and all he has to say is stuff about hoping I feel better and have an easy time this last bit of pregnancy. He doesnt even ask me how his ****ing kid is doing.

Tom... some days I could hurt you. While it's nice that you send kind words and all I'm obviously not sending you my new # to chit chat. It's so you can talk to me about our kid and you know... MAYBE SEE HIM ONCE IN A BLUE MOON

darkchild16

We are Home.
((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) Paige he just ugh.

I cant figure out a truck and everything for this **** moving thing. All the moving companies want to charge us per mile and the closest place is 20 miles away. I posted a ad on CL and NO one followed my instructions which were SIMPLE. I posted what we had and how far we were from town and how far we are going (3 houses) and to send me what equipment you have (cargo van, truck and trailer, just truck) and how much you expect to be paid.

I got a bunch of freaking phone numbers.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Thanks guys. I feel better this morning I guess. Had a rotten morning at the new job which reinforced my decision. Then went and talked to the business manager. She is going to talk to the GM and then give me a call later today. I don't know what the answer is going to be. I felt panicked going in there to talk to her but it's not like I had anything to lose...
I hope I can come back there. *sigh*

crazedACD

Welp.
I have to apply for my old job back, haha.
Great.
What job did you start at? I hope you get it back...or another door opens for you.

I'm sorry...that's never easy. I had a falling out with a boss once (NEVER work for someone you board your horse with..), and then sometime later I didn't like the vet I worked for and heard they needed help again. I tried to go back and she wouldn't have it at all. It worked out better for me in the long run, that job was kind of like a bad habit, it kind of swallowed people.

I did leave my pizza delivery job to go to TX, it didn't work out, and he allowed me to come right back no problems. Of course there were always people coming and going, but where we had a good relationship..it wasn't an issue.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I hate coming home to an empty apartment. =[ I like being out on my own, sure...but I sure to miss Mike and the dogs when I'm not at his place.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Savannah has been going through a bad diaper rash for the past week-week and a half with a special cream and regular diaper cream (dr said to wait and see since she didnt act like it hurt her) well they said now its turned into yeast. I have to do a major wash of all our diapers.

We had to switch her meds because of the rash and she kept getting constipated (from the meds)

Shes not breastfeeding anymore but at night before bed and in the morning and even those I have to force so I think we are just going to stop since shes gaining better without it :(

Lyzelle

Jin's being an ass today. Had to go to the office to get chewed out because he's slipping in the kitchen (again) and that obviously means it's prime time for him to drag that **** home and take it out on me.

Yay for men that act like 3 year olds.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
The person wanting to adopt Selma hasn't emailed me back in five days.... methinks she doesn't want her anymore.

Selma needs to get adopted. I have plans hinging on her finding her forever home... *impatient*

darkchild16

We are Home.
Today is one of those days I wish I had a nanny or that my husband worked halfway normal hours. I have been up since 6 with drs appts, and other errands, Savannah didnt let me sleep more then a hour stretch last night, today if Im not making a bottle shes drinking a bottle and the cycle is neverending, the big kids naps Savannah wakes up from her nap, the big kids are awake she naps and they keep trying to wake her up. If they arent trying to wake her up they are getting into boxes. I have NO sanity left. I just need a QUIET room with no one whining, fighting or crying. I NEED sleep. Tomorrow is going to be just as bad.

I love my kids I really really do but sometimes just.....

Grab

The person wanting to adopt Selma hasn't emailed me back in five days.... methinks she doesn't want her anymore.

Selma needs to get adopted. I have plans hinging on her finding her forever home... *impatient*
I don't know who wouldn't want to adopt that lovely girl :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Stress stress stress and more stress. I'm having to pick up all this slack at work, which sucks and means I have to do work this weekend. Can't do it on the weekdays because it bogs down the system for hours and the professionals get angry. Boo.

Also, my boss's boss changed AGAIN. And he's moving to our floor. Rumors are that they're shuffling managers around. So this might be my third change in boss directly in a year. So much change, and I am stressed. I just want the dust to settle but it refuses.

Members online

No members online now.