Feeshes!

I love my sturdy little fighting fish, and I thought I would inflict their fishy adorable-ness on Chaz :D (Okay, so maybe they're scrawny and funny-looking, but I love them anyway!)

This is my sister's fish ("Spirit"). He's got a nasty case of fin rot right now, so excuse his ragged-ness.

And this is my current guy, Dillinger (so named for his...um...sunny disposition).

A few of my past boys: Attaturk, who was quite sickly when I purchased him and never quite recovered. He was an easy keeper, but died of an apparent gill infection after about 5 months.

And Vito, who was the most docile fighting fish I ever owned (and who was twice assaulted by Dillinger who had a penchant for divider-jumping). He died under the care of a friend early this year at about 8 months of age :(

The only one missing is Cash, who I had the longest and who was my first fighting fish! He bloated and died just after I purchased Attaturk after about a year and a half (?)

The end! Anyone else here keep fish?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
very cool fish!!
sadly..I have proven time and again to NOT be a fish person. Wether it be goldfish, fighter fish or guppies.. I am a curse lol so I've given up

My dad does have an awesome salt water tank in his office though!! There's lots of clown fish, anemonies and I believe there's an eel!

And just for fun, some before-and-after shots of Vito and Turk, both of whom were Walmart rescues:

Vito after his Ich was gone...he was so nearly dead when I bought him that I didn't have permanent tank set up for him at first!

Turk on day 1...a far cry from the dark and colorful fish he eventually became!

Fran: that's definitely how I was too! Luckily Dillinger has shown that he is totally capable of surviving on Doritos and beer during finals week (just kidding...mostly). These guys are really easy keepers and I love them for it! But I still bawl like a baby when I lose one.

Xandra

Cute! Is Dillinger pink or red and white?

I have a male and a female. My male has the genetically tattered fins and while I love him I feel somewhat sorry for him. The female maneuvers and slips through the water, she's so fun to watch. Any movement on the male's part is laborious.

I want to get some more females and have a betta sorority, and in the future I'll probably stick to plakat males, or at least full-finned ones like yours.

Xandra: He is pink! It's hard to get his color with that harsh yellow light but it was the best I could find.

Vito was a crowntail, and once his fins grew out he seemed to do okay, but definitely not as agile as my others. They are really a joy to watch. I like females too but the only thing that keeps me from keeping way too many fish is the fact that the males will kill each other :p

PS Do you have pictures? I'd love to see your fish too =)

Romy

Taxiderpy
They're gorgeous! I really like the blue. My first betta was a cobalt blue delta tail. He lived to be 4 years old. Hikari betta food ROCKS! :D

Right now I have one betta female. Got a soft spot for the girls. She's a white crowntail, and normally white bettas aren't to my taste but I like her. We got her back in Dec '11.

My fish thang now is mostly goldfish. My daughter LOVE LOVE LOVES goldfish, so we're embarking on goldfishiness together. We're on a mystical quest for bubble eyes, she wants to try breeding them so I'm building her a steampunk fishtank with an observation tower for her bubble eyes to live in. It's going to be awesome. There aren't any domestic bubble eye breeders and a lot of people we talk to, including fish stores, lament that they are so hard to obtain. So if it works out she might be able to earn some extra spending money for toys or whatever.

Members online

No members online now.