Problem??????

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Ok, many of you know that Beulah sometimes stays in a kennel in my back yard. I have a privacy fence so no one can see her. The kennel is 10x10 chain link, and it is sitting on a concrete slab. She even has a dog house inside the kennel with a blanket and hay. Here's the problem...She was out there last night, and she hates being out there. Well, she started whining and crying, and howling, so I brought her back in. She jumped on the couch beside me and laid down, and I just happened to look at her feet. Her nails looked horrible. I guess she had been scratching on the concrete trying to dig out, but she had like filed her nails down on the concrete. Is this bad for her? I mean, I know it can't be good, but I don't know what to do. She has to stay in that kennel because if not, she will jump the fence...I mean her nails looked like they hurt, but I could touch them and everything and that didn't bother her....

As long as they weren't down into the "quick" or bleeding she hadn't hurt them, just filed them. You might want to smooth them off a bit with a nail file to keep them from being so rough so they don't hurt YOU so much and also to keep them from splitting.

She should figure out soon that she can't dig through concrete. ;)

Members online

No members online now.