I'm So Upset!

And not just because of losing Neon.
I work at a doggy daycare. Last year, I had a woman bring in her 5month old recently adopted puppy who we will call "Fluffy" to protect the not-so-innocent. Fluffy was a bit shy at first, but warmed to the staff within 15 minutes or so. Fluffy had a spectacular time playing with the other dogs and was generally a very fun dog to be around.
As the months passed, something changed in Fluffy. Fluffy would still rush to the staff and be very friendly with us, but he was obviously uncomfortable with his owner. Then Fluffy became very nervous around new staff members. He would still warm to them, but it took a while.
Then Fluffy became very aggressive with strangers, especially men. We talked with Fluffy's owner, who pretty much admitted that her husband hated Fluffy and took every opportunity to terrorize him. He did not actually abuse Fluffy, nothing we could report, but Fluffy was obviously traumatized.
She refused to leave her husband, despite this, and just let it continue. Suprise, suprise, Fluffy eventually bit someone and was PTS. This should never have happened, and is bad enough on it's own.
Tody she came in to check on the status of Fluffy's pass (customers can pay by the day, or buy passes for blocks of days at a discount.) She is curious because she just put down a deposit on a whippet puppy that will be born soon!
So lets review: She allowed her husband to terrorize her last dog until he became aggressive and had to be PTS. So she goes out and chooses a breed of dog that is known for it's soft and gentle temperment! I'm predicting she ruins this one before it's six months old.
I'm crushed. I would give anything to have a Whippet puppy of my own, and she's gong to emotionally destroy this wonderful life. The worst part is, there is nothing we can do about it. No laws are being broken.
To add to the fun, she's going to take the baby home at six weeks! So we are going to have BYB baby snatched from its momma and put in an unstable household. I could actually cry about this.

Snark

Mutts to you
How horrible... What I wouldn't give to be able to hire some big guy to terrorize that creep of a husband at every opportunity...

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
what you CAN do is try and get the name and adress of the "breeder" and report them, it is illegal to sell a puppy under 8 weeks in MOST states and the others are 7 weeks!

not much but its one step in the right direction!

LilahRoot

I've had experience in the past with a boyfriend who I discovered was abusive to my animals. It started out with him 'terrorizing' them. Then, guess what? He tried to throw me down a set of stairs, bit me, punched me, and I left him. WITH my animals. Terrorizing animals is the first step IMO to abusing people.

I feel horrible for this whippet puppy. I wish that there were something to be done. Helplessness is the worst thing in the world. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this...my heart goes out to you.

Doberluv

I've had experience in the past with a boyfriend who I discovered was abusive to my animals. It started out with him 'terrorizing' them. Then, guess what? He tried to throw me down a set of stairs, bit me, punched me, and I left him. WITH my animals. Terrorizing animals is the first step IMO to abusing people.

I feel horrible for this whippet puppy. I wish that there were something to be done. Helplessness is the worst thing in the world. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this...my heart goes out to you.
^^That^^

Helplessness is a HORRIBLE feeling. That woman is beyond stupid to get another dog when her husband is such a sociopath. Maybe someone should have a talk with her. Whippets are soooo soft. It is a very scary thing what might happen to this puppy. And how sad for little Fluffy, a dog with every potential just squashed. I hate the human race sometimes.:mad: No wonder you're upset, like you already didn't have enough to be stressed, upset and sad about. (((hugs)))

Lolas Dad

She would have been better off getting rid of the husband. A dog is more loyal than a spouse. Some people have to be abused themselves before they leave someone and sometimes even after being abused they don't leave.

Staff online

Members online