The cause of pit bulls attacks

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
That's sickening. . .
A prime example of why the reputation of pits is what it is.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Maybe she can bring her dog to obedience competitions. Next up:

Sit!
I said Sit!
Sit sit!
I SAID SSSSSSSiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!
YOU SIT RIGHT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oriondw

user not active
Finally after calling around we found a place and after sitting in the waiting room for 5 mins were called in to a room and were told the vet would be in shortly. Then two miniutes later we heard the door open and a man errupted in screaming apparently at the receptionist. He started screaming at her about what a wh*re she was and how he knew she was sleeping around with other guys and about how he was going to make her f*cking regreat it and smash her face into the wall. Through the chaos I could here her on the phone with the police through sobs saying how her ex boyfriend was here and threating to kill her, he then got louder and louder and started to scream at the police on the phone about how he wasn't threating her and that they didn't need to come. I was their with my mom, both of us 5'4'' and not much help and of course Duke at the time was only 3 months old and not much help. The only other man in the reception room was about 80 with a 10lb toy poodle. I kept praying someone would walk in with their unruly 80lb plus dog and just let it sick the guy but luckily the police were their a pretty soon after and arrested the guy.

All in all we had to wait 40 mins for the vet, but I felt terrible for the receptionist as she was only a year or so older then me (I'm 17), and clearly was very shaken up as he had been stalking her ever since they broke up a few weeks earlier.

So lets either hope that lady happens to walk into the vet when a domestic disturbance and lets her dog save the day or puts him through some serious training and turns him into a good canine citizen, sadly I think both in her case are very unlikely.

Kayla
Ya big dogs are sure of help in situations like this :)

Id personally have more pleasure beating that guy to death myself then to let my dog bite him.

G

GSDluver4lyfe

One day she going to choke her dog too hard and he's going to bite the mess out of her.

There is one pit at work and this dog is HUGE, last time he was weighed he was 129lbs (pure muscle). The owner is always bragging about how his dog would attack you for just coming near it and no one can mess with him and blah blah. We'll now his owner is having surgery and is now boarding for 12 weeks :yikes: . I dont know why they allowed this dog to stay in the first place because he is a HUGE danger to anyone who handles that dog. I take care of all the dogs but was specifically told by the tecs not to even go near this dog because he is just outright vicious (everytime you came into the room he was charging the gate trying to kill you). A couple of weeks ago the head vet told me to take this dog out and basically told me if I didnt do it I would be fired (even though I am a minor and should not deal with dogs like this for legal issues) and he told me to have the rabies pole in my hand and dont be afraid to use it :rolleyes: . SO I let this dog out and next thing I know he is charging me. And what did I do. I indeed did use the rabies pole to bash him with it. And let me stress that is a game pit. I continued to hit him with the pole allowing me time to get out of the room but this thing would not stop. I could have easily been killed, seeing as everyone was in the front of the clinic, if it wasnt for the vet telling me to have the pole in my hands :rolleyes: .

Why wont people realize that these are not dogs to be taken lightly. I could have been dead because people want a vicious unruly dog. This dog will bite and seriously injure someone if allowed to continue this lifestyle. I personally feel this dog should be euthanized because he is a FATAL incident waiting to occur. I dont think I've ever seen a dog that vicious in my life (and I live in Detroit, many pits around here).

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
im all for an iq test for ANY dog, but especially "risky" breeds...i think it should be law for ALL of those who fall into the bsl category that they MUST attend at the least basic obedience with their dog in order to keep it.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Maybe she can bring her dog to obedience competitions. Next up:

Sit!
I said Sit!
Sit sit!
I SAID SSSSSSSiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!
YOU SIT RIGHT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO! I could see that, too! Ow, my sides....

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
im all for an iq test for ANY dog, but especially "risky" breeds...i think it should be law for ALL of those who fall into the bsl category that they MUST attend at the least basic obedience with their dog in order to keep it.
Several levels of obedience classes.

DryCreek

One day she going to choke her dog too hard and he's going to bite the mess out of her.

There is one pit at work and this dog is HUGE, last time he was weighed he was 129lbs (pure muscle). The owner is always bragging about how his dog would attack you for just coming near it and no one can mess with him and blah blah. We'll now his owner is having surgery and is now boarding for 12 weeks :yikes: . I dont know why they allowed this dog to stay in the first place because he is a HUGE danger to anyone who handles that dog. I take care of all the dogs but was specifically told by the tecs not to even go near this dog because he is just outright vicious (everytime you came into the room he was charging the gate trying to kill you). A couple of weeks ago the head vet told me to take this dog out and basically told me if I didnt do it I would be fired (even though I am a minor and should not deal with dogs like this for legal issues) and he told me to have the rabies pole in my hand and dont be afraid to use it :rolleyes: . SO I let this dog out and next thing I know he is charging me. And what did I do. I indeed did use the rabies pole to bash him with it. And let me stress that is a game pit. I continued to hit him with the pole allowing me time to get out of the room but this thing would not stop. I could have easily been killed, seeing as everyone was in the front of the clinic, if it wasnt for the vet telling me to have the pole in my hands :rolleyes: .

Why wont people realize that these are not dogs to be taken lightly. I could have been dead because people want a vicious unruly dog. This dog will bite and seriously injure someone if allowed to continue this lifestyle. I personally feel this dog should be euthanized because he is a FATAL incident waiting to occur. I dont think I've ever seen a dog that vicious in my life (and I live in Detroit, many pits around here).
What an irresponsible Vet to have you do this, he could loose his insurance if something had happened to you. Also, please always remember that if an employer asks you to do something that can harm you, you can refuse. Call the labor board for more info.

The dog should never have been boarded, unless in a non contact kennel system designed for dangerous dogs ( had them at the shelter I worked at )

I must say though, there is no such thing as a 129 pound, game bred, APBT. A purebred APBT max's out at 60 pounds. ;) This dog sounds like an American Bully.

G

GSDluver4lyfe

What an irresponsible Vet to have you do this, he could loose his insurance if something had happened to you. Also, please always remember that if an employer asks you to do something that can harm you, you can refuse. Call the labor board for more info.

The dog should never have been boarded, unless in a non contact kennel system designed for dangerous dogs ( had them at the shelter I worked at )

I must say though, there is no such thing as a 129 pound, game bred, APBT. A purebred APBT max's out at 60 pounds. ;) This dog sounds like an American Bully.
He is very irresponsible and only asked me because everyone else was afraid :rolleyes:, wonder why. I wasnt thinking clearly, I guess I was so fearful of losing my job I totally disregarded the dangers. They are now trying to find an indoor/outdoor kennel to send him to.

He is a poorly bred pitbull (referring to the many breeds under that term). He's one of those mixed with all types of bullies to make them bigger. He has a Staffy head, and an American Bulldog body.

G

GSDluver4lyfe

My God, GSD, I'm :yikes:
just by reading that.
I was so freaked by that experience and the vet says in front of everyone, "why did you even go near that dog WE told you he was off limits. Why do you kids always have to prove something?" I was in total shock that he denied his order for me to let the dog out. I really cannot stand that man.

mrose_s

BusterLove
rude!

the examples of owners of these "dangerous breeds" are downright dangerous people. anyone that stupid tryng to take part in society with a dog like that is dangerous.
i feel bad for the dogs.

once i saw an add in our paper oemthing like this

"vicoud guard dog required, cattle dog prefered" wow. someone is actually seeking a vicous dog. soemone that thinks they need a dangerous dog to guard a property is dangerous themselves.

once i met a red heeler. her naem was dodo. she was used to guard a yard where my mums ex used to work. she was dangerous. i think she actually ended up being shot after she kept trying to attack the workers. the owner of the yard took her home but she just was absolutley mad. she used to jump into the cab of my stepdads ute and when me and my sister used to go near the car she would snarl at us.

i've been snarled at by a few yard dogs. people don't train them well up here.

Members online

No members online now.