Do our dogs go to heaven when they die

Okay. I was on another forum, and this question came up! So, what do you think? Do you beleive that one day when we hit the great out doors, and the clouds in the sky will our beloved pets be their too greet us?:)

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
I think `heaven' is different for each of us, and based upon the measure of our lives, and how we conducted ourselves throughout our lives. So, that being the case, our heavens will comprise of the things we love the most, and that make us the happiest. Our dogs will be there, of course.

I think all living creatures have a heaven to go to, and it is inextricably linked with the lives of all other beings - just as we are on earth.

(Gawd, that was a bit deep!! :D)

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
I sure hope so. I got into an interesting discussion once about it during a bible study class and most of the people thought I was silly. But I believe that dogs should go to heaven too.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
LUKE 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'"

ECCLESIASTES 3:18 I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals”.

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-20 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return.

PSALM 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike.

GENESIS 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Do you beleive that one day when we hit the great out doors, and the clouds in the sky will our beloved pets be their too greet us?:)
Absolutely!

There is no heaven if my dogs are not there to greet me (or later join me-however it will end up working).

missbeckydee

Yee Wee Beastie
I sure hope so. I got into an interesting discussion once about it during a bible study class and most of the people thought I was silly. But I believe that dogs should go to heaven too.
How interesting! Did you tell them that Matthew 10:29 says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father."

That's my reasoning for thinking doggies go to heaven. :)

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I don't really beleive in heaven persay. I beleive that they are reincarnated. But thats just what my religion leads me to beleive.

Boemy

I'm an agnostic, but assuming there's a heaven, I'm sure animals go there. It would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't.

bubbatd

If they don't go to Heaven , I want to go where they go !! That's why I love " The Rainbow Bridge " so .

Amstaffer

Great thread and wonderfully insightful and informative posts here...

In my opinion, heaven would not be heaven without dogs. Also the God I worship and love is one of compassion and mercy and would not reject his most beautiful creations (which include the Dog) from being rewarded with heaven.

I also think that a higher percentage of dogs will have the purity of heart and soul that qualify them for enterance into the "Pearly Gates" than humans.

Have any of you seen the "Twilight Zone" ep called "The Hunt" that involved an Old man and his coon dog that die while out hunting? It is a great story that is related to this topic.
http://tzone.the-croc.com/tzeplist/hunt.html

I think about that story often when I think about pets going to heaven.

travelpet

Okay. I was on another forum, and this question came up! So, what do you think? Do you beleive that one day when we hit the great out doors, and the clouds in the sky will our beloved pets be their too greet us?:)
This seems like, and is, an interesting question to garner discussion among philosophers...but can I tell you about something that happened back in the mid-90s that might make you think twice about off-handed remarks that may be made in response to such a question? I'll try the Reader's Digest version.

I used to moderate a board for a no-kill shelter where I volunteered back in the mid-90s. One day a mother approached me on-line with a terrible problem. It wasn't in my field, but she approached all the moderators and asked for help. She had a 10-year old daughter who was terminally ill with cancer (the little girl was aware of her illness and that soon she would be in heaven). The little girl had a young kitten that she loved very much. One day while watching the other kids playing outside, sitting with her kitten the little girl witnessed something awful, her kitten suddenly darted from her side into the street in front of an on-coming car and was struck and killed. The little girl was devasted, so her mother, trying to help told her daughter to talk to their minister or her Sunday School teacher about how she was feeling. And that's what the little girl did. Her Sunday School teacher dismissed the child's grief so the little girl went to the minister and asked if her kitten was in heaven waiting for her. The minister struck out at the child telling her animals don't have souls and can't go to heaven. As her mother wrote me (words I'll never forget) "you can't image how angry I was at him and how hopeless I feel not able to help my baby".

We asked the mother to let her daugher email us about her feelings (sometimes just "verbalizing" helps). The little girl was still devasted even after nearly 6 weeks and asked us basically the same question she had asked her minister. For 3 weeks we exchanged emails and gave her all the reasons she should know her kitten was not in heaven yet, she was at Rainbow Bridge waiting for the little girl. It seemed to help and we were all feeling good until the email we all dreaded arrived. Ginny had been rushed to the hospital late the night before and had passed away early in the morning. The last email any of us received from the mother came less than a month after her first, her little angel had gone to the Bridge and now was no longer in pain from the cancer and happy to be reunited with her beloved pet. She thanked us for helping her daughter find some peace and hope for those three weeks. We all wanted to thank her in a way words couldn't. And we were all so thankful for having met Ginny and her mother.

So, please, while I love these discussions as much as the next person, thnk about the effects your words can have on others. BTW, my answer to the question posed...how can it be heaven without our beloved pets??

Thanks for letting me vent.

RD

Are you dead yet?
It wouldn't be Heaven if my dogs weren't there.

I absolutely believe they will be there. :) Some could argue that animals don't have souls, but I personally believe that they do.

Members online

No members online now.