What if...

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I just got back from a walk on Mina and we had a run in with two loose dogs. We were walking past a house and before I had time to do ANYTHING there were two ACDs hovering over Mina. Both of them growling, with hackles up hovering over her.

Mina immediately went into uber submissive mode and rolled on her back and started licking her lips while I yelled for the owner to come get their dogs. Everything turned out as well as it could have, Mina remained on her back while the owner came and got his dogs and we escaped without a fight.

But what if Mina weren't uber submissive? What if she would have reacted or even just tried to stand her ground?

Is it really that hard to keep your dog under control?

Maura

If she wasn't submissive like that she would have stayed standing, hackles up, while they all did the sniff thing. Then, they may have played, or they may have peed. Remember, Mina was not in her territory, so she has nothing to defend. The ACD's were in their perceived territory, so they are going to greet another dog in it.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Those are the situations I hate. Buster doesn't go submissive. I remember the way I used to walk I used to have to pass a house with 3 kelpies that often used to come out and circle us, it only happened 6 or 7 times and I soon relised if I threatened them from the beginning they kept their distance but I wouldn't have liekd to end up on a deserted road ina 4 dog brawl.
I still chose to walk that way because then I could avoid the huge black lab that insisted on follwing us and growling and the small fluffy dog with no fear of either me yelling at it or Buster straining at the end of his leash to get to it with the useless owner that couldn't be btoehred to come get it.

Members online

No members online now.