Dog I saw today

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I met a crestie that had both eyes removed. Harriet had developed glaucoma first on one eye and 8 months later in the other. Another woman asked her owner if she got around ok and the reply was "Oh YES! She does fine in the home, she even goes on daily walks with me, you would never know!"
What a nice woman to say such nice things about her dog and to provide the kind of special needs home a dog like this would need.

I could vent from to the moon and back right now, but I am going to think of this and try to gain some balance. There are good people out there, and there are lucky dogs that have lucky homes. That's a good thing to go to bed thinking.

We had a similar situation here, Tibetan Spaniel kiddo who was blind both both eyes also protruded to the point he was going to lose one - from being so active!
He had to be tethered when outside (we didn't let him out back with the other dogs often, he was so very feisty) or he would literally run off, and of course, being blind that's NOT a good thing.
Here's a vid of him. If I didn't tell you, you'd never know he could not see a thing. At that point, both his eyes were removed by our veterinarian.
Watch him with that chicken...

YouTube - Neo, the Tibetan Spaniel

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.