Too Much Stuff

JacksonsMom

What I'm learning is that maybe I should wear real pants when I take the dog out. My sweats/yoga pants don't have belt loops!
LOL, this. Maybe I just need to invest in better walking shorts/pants. I'm either in sweats or shorts, most of which don't have pockets.

I was just casually checking out Outward Hound stuff on Amazon and they have all their stuff on sale ridiculously cheap right now, including dog backpacks and this small and convenient human one for 3.98 (reg 25.99!) which has two canvas dog bowls, food pouch, place for keys and dog bags. Sounds awesome for shorter outings and jogging.
http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-Outward...qid=1366821563&sr=1-40&keywords=outward+hound
Ohhh something like that would be *perfect*. I think I'm going to buy it! Thanks!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Here's a review on the hydration pack I carry: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330288

I like it way more than most backpacks because 1. I can easily carry plenty of water without bulky bottles, 2. it is way more comfortable than most backpacks because it's so low profile and has chest and waist straps, and 3. despite being light and small I can still fit everything plus a first aid kit and raingear!

I found a small purse thats fits all and the strap is long enough to fit over my neck and cross over to my other sholder. cost me 2 bucks at the dollar store. works perfect to fit everything I need.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I have a little mini backpack (for me) I use. It's quite small but enough to carry my leash, water, treats, and my phone which is all I usually bring.

Snark

Mutts to you
Well, I'm rural, so there's no one to judge appearances - I bought a fishing vest. It's got a mesh back so it's lightweight and has lots of pockets for bags, treats, leash, and cellphone. I also wear long pants, wide brim hat and high boots (ticks, snakes) while walking the dogs in the woods, so a vest isn't that out of place.

For the beach, I have my mountain biking shorts (I refuse to inflict myself on the world in spandex biking shorts !shudder!) The mountain biking shorts are loose, comfy and have a couple of deep pockets. My water bottle hooks on the waistband.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Hehehehehehehehehe. Fanny pack. Heheheheheheheee.

I usually just take a small backpack when walking. And I use a treat bag I clip to myself. Well.. I have lost it recently, but I do normally!

I carry a backpack with my car keys, my phone goes in a little pouch on the strap so it right at my shoulder and I play my music. Don't like to use headphones as I need to be aware of my surroundings! I carry a first aid kit, hunting knife, wash cloths, extra pair of socks, babywipes, water for me and the dogs, water bowl, maybe some snacks depending on how long we are going to be gone. At first I didn't like the pack, but now, it doesn't bother me. I got used to it. It is usually pretty heavy to start with, but as we drink the water down, it gets lighter as we go!

Members online

No members online now.