New to this & need advice

Hello everyone! I have two "girls" that I absolutely adore. Hope the photo comes through.
Lily is the American Bull dog, blue eyed, deaf, sweet and almost 4 years old. I've had her since she was about 6 months old, rescued from side of freeway, very tramatized, hurt bady, starving, extremely shy and nervous for 6 months after that, now, happy, confident and loving, still doesn't play with many other dogs, she prefers to chase shadows of birds, butterflys, a laser light, etc.
Emma, the german shepard mix, was adopted from Humane Society when she was about 6 months old, she's going on 2 years old now. She is so smart, learns quickly, agile, loving and so eager to please. She is very dominant and has needed a firm hand and some work. She still plays a little rough at the dog park, but she has learned and is doing better. She does not back down, very sure of herself, very smart.
The two dogs have lived together and played together for the past year with no problems, they were buddies. Now, Emma is trying to dominate and Lily is not having it, they fought, horrifying for me, I had to break it up, not easy, Lily was hurt and needed stiches, she's Ok now. Kept them apart then tried to re- introduce them at the dog park, neutral territory right? No way, Emma put her muzzle over Lily's shoulder and Lily went off and went after her again.
Fortunately I had help and friends around that time and we prevented any damage. Now, I am keeping them apart completely, separate walks, etc. etc.
Any ideas on whether I may ever be able to put them back together? Training, muzzles, ??????
I appreciate any and all advice.
Thanks!

Attachments

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Welcome and please post your dilemma in the training section, you will get more advice there. Good luck.:)

Members online

No members online now.