The Venting Thread

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My voice keeps coming and going, so I called in sick to work. Now I'm feeling like I should cut my vacation short a couple of days next week to make up for it...which sort of defeats the purpose of a vacation...

Lyzelle

Colorado. You don't need the drama of someone that nutty/obsessed over her ex or the lingering doubt that will now always be in the back of your mind. I had a semi-similar situation that spurred my move out here and it was definitely a good choice.
Do it. It's time you left the crazy behind and made a clean break for yourself. You deserve to be with people who care about you instead of ones who use you.
These are the things I keep telling myself. But on the other hand, he isn't a bad guy and after these two semesters are over he's agreed to move out there with me. But his ex is clearly insane and I don't like being told I have to play nice with her when she's done nothing but manipulate and try to ruin our life. So, throw away a relationship that has some potential for the off-chance of finally doing something for myself, or just wait out the two semesters and then move on with him instead of without him, knowing I still have that backup plan should things stay south? Decisions, decisions.

Side vent: Because of all this BS I am a smoker for the time being. Regular cigs are sorta nasty but the e-cigs with Watermelon and Mocha flavored water vapor are a bit too much to pass up. And they are way cheaper than regular cigs. And don't stink. I smell like watermelon candy. I can deal with this.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
"Some potential" is not exactly a ringing endorsement. He may not be a bad guy himself, but this isn't not a good situation. It sounds like she has all the control and she isn't the one dating him anymore.

I had a relationship once that was good, he was a nice guy and there was potential for it to move forward, but there was a particular person involved that I had to play nice with, even though they did everything they could in the opposite direction. Suffice to say, for a variety of accumulated reasons, we're not together anymore.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
These are the things I keep telling myself. But on the other hand, he isn't a bad guy and after these two semesters are over he's agreed to move out there with me. But his ex is clearly insane and I don't like being told I have to play nice with her when she's done nothing but manipulate and try to ruin our life. So, throw away a relationship that has some potential for the off-chance of finally doing something for myself, or just wait out the two semesters and then move on with him instead of without him, knowing I still have that backup plan should things stay south? Decisions, decisions.

Side vent: Because of all this BS I am a smoker for the time being. Regular cigs are sorta nasty but the e-cigs with Watermelon and Mocha flavored water vapor are a bit too much to pass up. And they are way cheaper than regular cigs. And don't stink. I smell like watermelon candy. I can deal with this.

Good luck with however it can work out. BUT just some totally unasked for advice , MOVE . Leave the crazyness behind , IF HE is the one or even a potential one . He will follow. And you can finally really go on with your life.
If not you are a year a head of the curve. You say 2 semesters , but that is a YEAR . Constant crazy for a YEAR is hell. And with the Ex , IT will be crazy.

Airn

I would miss you a lot since you only live a few hours away. But I think you should move. If he wants to be with you after a year apart then awesome. But you need you time. You've spent all your time on wanting to do what your SO wants. Memphis is a dead end for you. He can still talk to you. You should do it. She's not going to stop with the bullshit. You know she's psycho. You can be so much more. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Good luck with however it can work out. BUT just some totally unasked for advice , MOVE . Leave the crazyness behind , IF HE is the one or even a potential one . He will follow. And you can finally really go on with your life.
Yep.
This.

Yup. Get out now. It's NEVER going to end, she's going to sabotage your relationship over and over again. You are too young to throw your hat into that crazy pit.

CaliTerp07

So, throw away a relationship that has some potential for the off-chance of finally doing something for myself, or just wait out the two semesters and then move on with him instead of without him, knowing I still have that backup plan should things stay south?
Reworded:

So, throw away a chance at a fresh start and a new, drama free life, or wait out the two semesters for this relationship that has "some potential" on the off chance that he will still want to move with me then?

Also though--you say he has a kid with the ex (who is local?) Do you really want to be with someone who would move across country away from their child? That would be a red flag for me.

Lyzelle

Reworded:

So, throw away a chance at a fresh start and a new, drama free life, or wait out the two semesters for this relationship that has "some potential" on the off chance that he will still want to move with me then?

Also though--you say he has a kid with the ex (who is local?) Do you really want to be with someone who would move across country away from their child? That would be a red flag for me.
It isn't his kid, it is hers. But he has been in his life for the last 4 years and as far as he will tell anyone, that is his kid. We already agreed how to visit with him after we moved. I believe she has plans to move too.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My head is now throbbing, my throat feels worse, I've been chugging fluids all day and *still* feel like I'm dying of thirst, and my stomach can't decide if.it wants to feel nauseous or not.

Why?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I go to the store for a minute. Walk out and it's POURING. Guess who's wearing a white peasant skirt today?

Get home and find out that the window I've been able to leave open all summer without issue is now allowing in a steady flow of rain...right onto my side of the bed.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I go to the store for a minute. Walk out and it's POURING. Guess who's wearing a white peasant skirt today?

Get home and find out that the window I've been able to leave open all summer without issue is now allowing in a steady flow of rain...right onto my side of the bed.
I thought wearing a white shirt when it rained was bad lol Hopefully you were able to run to your car fast! :p

It never fails does it? Whenever you leave a window open, or have a white shirt/shorts/pants/skirt/whatever on it rains. LOL

It hasn't rained for 4 months here and one day I left the sunroof open while I ran into a store and when I came out an hour later it was pouring. Flash flood pouring. My car was flooded. >_<

Also, you people who have rain right now all suck! Please send it to me now, It's rained a total of 3 days this summer, it's still over 80F (down from 100F! yay) and I want some moisture darnit! I was promised rain today, not 100 degree weather! >_<

The neighbors behind us (their deck is right against our back fence) have apparently been throwing food into my yard for the dogs. I have found bread, pizza crust, lemon wedges, apple pieces, etc. I finally caught one of them today and confronted them about it, and asked them to stop. Their response? "But they look so skinny and hungry!"

Ummm. No. Stop feeding crap to my dogs.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
If not you are a year a head of the curve. You say 2 semesters , but that is a YEAR . Constant crazy for a YEAR is hell. And with the Ex , IT will be crazy.
Yes, this.

After all that happened with Jin and the end of your marriage being so fresh (or still in the process), you need to find space and a direction for yourself first. Take time to be just YOU. Get to a good place for yourself where you are only dependent on yourself. Heal. And then find someone stable.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
So this week has been insane.

I turned in a revenge card on my roommate/ex and read about how she had slept with her ex/my current BF in her private livejournal. As of a week ago. I blew up, had all my stuff packed and planned on leaving for CO Friday morning. I had somewhere to go, a job to start, and Jin of all people actually offered to fund me the money to leave(of course not getting the whole story of why and what is going on). I decked it out with BF later that night, and he said he didn't do it. He had only gone to her hotel room, talked to her, and left. But it was enough for me to believe he was lying, so I stayed course. Planned the trip, Zander's needs, budgeted out expenses. I then proceeded to get completely wasted and ceased messaging him back and ignoring his calls. I don't do liars and cheats. With nothing else holding me here, I had decided to leave and had my ducks all in a row.

3:30am I get a series of text messages from her about how it was all just a set up and a lie and he didn't actually sleep with her so I shouldn't leave him. She just wanted to get back at me for ruining her relationship(lol/WTF). She just wanted me pissed at him and cause us some trouble. Apparently she never thought I would actually leave(because she thought I was a bimbo, college dropout with no plans or directions in life). Why, I have no idea. She saw how I was with Jin. I make up my mind, I act immediately. Bridge burned.

So I deck it out with him a bit more and tell him he's a GD idiot for ever putting himself in a position to make us fall victim to this. He's moved in with me for now, but I'm still considering leaving.

1) What if THIS was all a lie too? All trust completely ruined. 2) I am going to have to deal with this crazy woman for the next 10 years because of Child, knowing if I ever leave this man she wouldn't let me see him.

I don't do liars, cheats, OR crazy. So is it worth it? Kinda considering Nolu, Kels, Zoom, and peoples are a way better alternative.

And then on top of it, I'm going to have to deal with usual move things, find another place to live because this is temporary, deal with him in school, my own job, and you know...life. Everything is a mess and absolutely chaotic.

Colorado sounds way better. And the pictures Nolu posted were lovely.
One word. Leave.

If he can't man up & grow a pair & tell her off then **** him I say, he doesn't deserve you.

My OH is great most of the time, but he has this weird thing where he doesn't like me being cheerful & chipper to everyone I see ... ESP guys. um ... Hello... You KNEW what kindled a person I was when you met me, I am not flirty or whatever but I'm sorry, but I am not going to be a bitch to everyone becsuse you have issues.

I would really like to stay & work here at the track while he is gone with his job but he says he doesn't want me to, when I ask why, he says "I just don't" :( which sucks because there are no jobs out where my parents ranch is & the extra money would really be good to put toward a new truck (which we plan to get she he comes back).

noludoru

Bored Now.
This may be a vent for you, but you made someone's day. ;)

Next, I'm quoting Zoom because she's awesome. And her post deserves a second read.

"Some potential" is not exactly a ringing endorsement. He may not be a bad guy himself, but this isn't not a good situation. It sounds like she has all the control and she isn't the one dating him anymore.

I had a relationship once that was good, he was a nice guy and there was potential for it to move forward, but there was a particular person involved that I had to play nice with, even though they did everything they could in the opposite direction. Suffice to say, for a variety of accumulated reasons, we're not together anymore.
1) What if THIS was all a lie too? All trust completely ruined. 2) I am going to have to deal with this crazy woman for the next 10 years because of Child, knowing if I ever leave this man she wouldn't let me see him.

I don't do liars, cheats, OR crazy. So is it worth it? Kinda considering Nolu, Kels, Zoom, and peoples are a way better alternative.

Colorado sounds way better. And the pictures Nolu posted were lovely.
1. Trust is ruined and done for. It doesn't come back - at least not the same way.

2. He has some potential. Great. There are plenty of guys with lots of potential that don't have crazy ex drama, or will keep you out of their crazy ex drama. Men outnumber the women here - and they are fit. And hot. And fit. Did I mention fit?

3. There are Zooms and Nolus, and we're kinda cute, too? Does that count?

4. You's already said he's "nice" and has "some potential." That's like getting a car because it "only breaks down sometimes." Save the relationship for when there's passion and love. It's silly to stay in a dead-end town in a dead-end relationship.

5. Read this. Especially these parts:

But there was in me an awful thing, from almost the very beginning: a tiny clear voice that would not, not matter what I did, stop saying go.

Doing what one wants to do because one wants to do it is hard for a lot of people, but I think it’s particularly hard for women. We are, after all, the gender onto which a giant Here To Serve button has been eternally pinned.

But an ethical and evolved life also entails telling the truth about oneself and living out that truth.

I didn’t want to stay with my ex-husband, not at my core, even though whole swaths of me did. And if there’s one thing I believe more than I believe anything else, it’s that you can’t fake the core. The truth that lives there will eventually win out.​

I had that little voice in my head, whispering to me for years to go. Colorado is where I wanted to be. I've had itty bitty moments where I regret it, or worry about money, or my mom, or my cat; but those moments pass. The crazy pitter-patter my heart does when I drive into Golden is still here. The mountains still take my breath away. I'm happier here than I ever was in VA.

Don't wait years like I did, don't stay in a relationship that's going nowhere, don't put it off and continue to put it off. I ended up in the same spot I was before, just out of love and done with the relationship and realizing I should have moved a year ago when I had the chance.

You've been considering it. You've been thinking about it. Start doing.

AliciaD

On second thought...
The neighbors behind us (their deck is right against our back fence) have apparently been throwing food into my yard for the dogs. I have found bread, pizza crust, lemon wedges, apple pieces, etc. I finally caught one of them today and confronted them about it, and asked them to stop. Their response? "But they look so skinny and hungry!"

Ummm. No. Stop feeding crap to my dogs.
I would be pissed. My dogs look skinny so you are feeding them you table scraps without my knowledge? Ugh

Saeleofu

My 4-day weekend got cut short :( I'm going in tomorrow to cover for the other weekend person because she's sick and I'm the only other person that knows how to do her job.

It's not THAT bad because I still got a 3-day weekend, but still, why can't my days off EVER go uninterrupted? From here on out I don't even know when my next day off will be. Probably sometime at the end of September.

Members online

No members online now.