RAW questions

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. We're looking at starting our girl on RAW.

We called some butchers around here and we're looking at about $42.00 for a 40lb case of chicken quarters/chicken backs, same for chicken necks.

Is this about right price wise? I know we will need more then just the chicken parts (fish, potatoes, and RMB's) etc.

But I was just wondering if this seemed about right?

I feel kinda stupid when I call, because I don't really know what to say... :eek:

I've only found two places around here so far, that even have or are willing to order the parts, and we're in a pretty big city.

Thank you! :)

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
That's pretty high IMO at least for here. I pay 12.00 for 20lb cases of misc chicken parts like backs and necks.

Try finding a local raw co op. It'll save you buckets of money.

Dekka

Just try me..
that seems pretty high. We get a 20kg (so 40.4 pounds) box of chicken backs for about 25 dollars and I consider that high. Necks are cheaper if we get them from the poultry processing place.

Okay, thanks guys! I will keep looking, I found a poultry processing place near us, I will give them a call.

Also, with Luna, she is now close to 30lbs, but we estimate 140-180 full grown, at what point will Chicken backs, necks, quarters, etc be too small for her? Or can she always have them?

Thank you!

Dekka

Just try me..
Necks might be a bit small. See if you can get a hold of turkey bits. I have gotten some HUGE turkey necks before.

Members online