help!! sick puppy!!!

pugalug58

thankyou

thankyou for your apology. it is true. and i plan on taking showpugs advice as soon as the store opens in the morning. the puppy is sleeping right now and ate a little bit about an hour ago, so i'm taking that as a good sign. we'll see what happens i guess. thankyou again.

pugalug58

getting him warm

he has a hot water bag under him already. but i'm going to check him again now so i'm getting off this computer! getting him warmer right now. i'll keep you updated. thanks!

yoko

i stick by what i have said the whole time. do the yogurt thing and the gel thing but still i say. go to an emergency vet. obviously the vet you were at didn't know what he was talking about

S

savethebulliedbreeds

I am really sorry for your situation. But, you HAVE to get that puppy to a different vet. Drive all night if you have to but please do it.

Also don't lay the puppy directly on the hot water bottle. Place a towel or something between it and the pup.

I hope everything works out for you.

pugalug58

The pup seems to be doing better this morning. Still looks very weak, but the antibiotics seem to be helping a great deal and I also got the yougurt which he seems to be taking to well. He has been eating more than he was the past few days and seems a little more active. The other pups are still twice as big and walking around though. All my pups and momma are to see the vet tomorrow for a checkup. I have 4 remaining pups left. Hopefully this is a good sign and he won't go down hill again!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The other pups are still twice as big and walking around though. All my pups and momma are to see the vet tomorrow for a checkup.
Is it the same vet that they saw before?

showpug

The pup seems to be doing better this morning. Still looks very weak, but the antibiotics seem to be helping a great deal and I also got the yougurt which he seems to be taking to well. He has been eating more than he was the past few days and seems a little more active. The other pups are still twice as big and walking around though. All my pups and momma are to see the vet tomorrow for a checkup. I have 4 remaining pups left. Hopefully this is a good sign and he won't go down hill again!
You may want to make sure he's not a "swimmer" pup. Ask your vet (hopefully a better one) to check for a flat chest on him...

pugalug58

It's not the same vet as before. This is a new one that I found in New York. Hopefully they can tell me something more. And I will ask the vet about the swimmer pup. Thankyou.

pugalug58

doing good!

He seems to be doing much better today! He went to the vet along with his momma and other siblings this morning. The vet gave him some more antibiotics although she still couldn't seem to pinpoint what was going on with him. He's eating better now and is a little more chipper than before. Still a little weak, but he's hanging in there well :)

nancy2394

Glad to hear that. And I am really sorry for your first experience with chaz not being a good one. But try to put yourself in our situation. Apparently there have been some disgruntled members coming back under an alias name and posting these threads about really over the top problems with their dog that would require immediate vet care. And they were starting these threads just to get a rise out of people. They were probably sitting back and watching the thread unfold and people start getting heated and bickering over it.

So, as you can imagine.. you came in with your post shortly after we had a very similar post to yours. And it was your very first post.. and seemed urgent. So, it was very easy for people to jump to the conclusion that you were one of the people using a new alias.

So, I hope you don't think badly of us. We really do have good intentions and have some great advice from most of the chazzers. So, we hope you stick around and get to know some of us. We really aren't bad.. I promise..lol.

showpug

He seems to be doing much better today! He went to the vet along with his momma and other siblings this morning. The vet gave him some more antibiotics although she still couldn't seem to pinpoint what was going on with him. He's eating better now and is a little more chipper than before. Still a little weak, but he's hanging in there well :)
Are your pups on solids yet or still just nursing? Sometimes weak puppies that fall behind nursing start to blossom once on solids. I would never rush weaning early, but sometimes the addition of bland solids could help...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you can however add a bit of nutrical. IT comes in a tube and is a highly palatable gel that is high in calories, protein and vitimins, with especially weak puppies it is nice because you can run a line of it down your finger and adhere it to the roof of their mouth where it slowly dissolves and is easy to swallow. I have used this many times for pups that became sick and got behind in order for them to catch up and be able to wrestle their way in for nursing. I use to let the strongest pups get the milk flowing and then switch them to a teat that is further up and get the weak puppy back there where the most milk is.

bubbatd

Good point Smkie ... I always watched who got " hind Teat ". Usually it was the strongest and then they'd fall asleep , but pushed away a smaller one . Pigs, they can be !

Members online

No members online now.