Hey! Former lurker pulled out of hiding :)

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Hi! My name is Julia. I've been reading the forum for a bit, and figured it was time to actually join. I don't currently have a dog. My childhood pup had to be put down in August, and I miss him dearly. I work in a Natural Pet Care store though, so I see dogs EVERY day! When it is time for me to get a dog again, I desperaltey want a Newfoundland. Unless I find a dog in a rescue or shelter that I just can't walk away from (and aren't they all like that?) I'd love a pittie too, but since the Ontario ban :mad: my chances of that were greatly diminished. I guess that's all you need to know about me for now! I'll finish with a pic of my dear old Snowpuff. He was a maltese poodle cross. This was one of the last pics ever taken of him, and unfortunatley, one of the only ones on my computer. So I'm sorry he's not looking his best, but you get an idea of how cute he was in his prime.

OH and I know they're not dogs, but I do have two wonderful kitties
Nya my 10-12 year old former-stray-turned-princess:

And Buddy, my "kitten" who's now bigger than Nya

Saje

Island dweller
Awwww what a sweety. Sorry for you had to part with him. That's always so tough.

I'm glad you've been pulled out of hiding. Any plans of getting a new dog in the near future? Are you looking? Is it too soon? Just curious :D

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I think it's too soon financially more than anything. I would LOVE to have a dog right now, but it just wouldn't be responsible for me to take that on. I'm a student, and my two cats are just enough of a financial weight. I LOVE your dog though Saje, Newfs really are my weakness :)

Juicy

Sorry about your loss, what a cutie, looks like he was such a sweetie, I recently lost my shih tzu Lucky to a car this year in March. Your cats are adorable!!

bubbatd

Big welcome to you !! As you may know, I'm the Grammy here. Your pup was so cute, and I give you big kudos for not taking on another dog until the right time ....hug your sweet kittys !

Doberluv

Welcome. I hope you'll enjoy the forum. I'm sorry about the loss of your long time friend. That is the hardest thing. Glad you're here to learn and share stories. You're wise to wait for the best time to get another dog.

Members online