Ten Reasons Why You Can't Trust Pit Bulls

10. They will steal your spot on the couch while you are up getting a soda.
9. They will take the treat you give them and bury in the backyard like a paranoid crack head hiding their stash.
8. They will jump on your bed with muddy feet. Making you do laundry…again.
7. They will lick visitors with an uncontrolled passion only they understand.
6. They will cause children to smile.

5. They will make you feel horrible for not walking them by looking at you with deep sad eyes.
4. They will look at you like you committed a crime against them if you don’t let them lick your ice cream bowl.
3. They will cause wide spread happiness in large group settings.
2. They will crack you up by shaking their butts so hard you think they are going to snap in half.
And the number one reason why you can’t trust pit bulls…

1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a pit bull can show.
http://stubbydog.org/2011/12/top-10-reasons-why-you-cant-trust-pit-bulls/

I must say, after owning one for a month (and earlier in my life as well) this is so true! :D

Dekka

Just try me..
I thought your dog was a boxer/bulldog cross? Or do you have two dogs?

Dekka

Just try me..
Oh in his blog he lists her as a boxer/bull dog mix.

We had a home visit from a foster mom and she brought the next dog for us to visit. Her name is Loki. She’s an 11-month-old Boxer/American Bulldog mix. She might be the cutest thing on the planet. From the second she came in, we knew it was the right choice.
I now own Loki who is a boxer American bulldog mix and that’s the new pit bull. In many communities the American bulldog is considered a pit bull and it’s a shame.
The quote posted is cute. I was just wondering if he got another dog.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh god this ridiculous snarkyness and passive aggressiveness towards this guy is getting just plain annoying. If you have something to say, take it to PM or just say it.

He runs a blog and posts information and some of it seems to be just his day to day with his dog, but yea, some of the info does look like it's from somewhere else and I can see what you guys are complaining about.
But if you have an issue with his blog.. then PM him and ask him to cite sources instead of stinking up every thread and every reply he makes with passive aggressive comments

I can see what you guys are complaining about but it's how you are going about it that I simply don't understand.
It's not making him look bad, or his blog. It's making YOU and this forum look bad to be treating a member this way and to have these kinds of replies everywhere.

Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum. and perhaps if somebody just nicely spoke to him about the issue, he would fix it.

I am not trying to downplay plagiarism, because it is an issue and a serious one at that.
but honestly, the way this has been going on is not going to do anything except make him leave this forum all together. then what will be solved?

SaraB

Oh god this ridiculous snarkyness and passive aggressiveness towards this guy is getting just plain annoying. If you have something to say, take it to PM or just say it.

He runs a blog and posts information and some of it seems to be just his day to day with his dog, but yea, some of the info does look like it's from somewhere else and I can see what you guys are complaining about.
But if you have an issue with his blog.. then PM him and ask him to cite sources instead of stinking up every thread and every reply he makes with passive aggressive comments

I can see what you guys are complaining about but it's how you are going about it that I simply don't understand.
It's not making him look bad, or his blog. It's making YOU and this forum look bad to be treating a member this way and to have these kinds of replies everywhere.

Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum. and perhaps if somebody just nicely spoke to him about the issue, he would fix it.

I am not trying to downplay plagiarism, because it is an issue and a serious one at that.
but honestly, the way this has been going on is not going to do anything except make him leave this forum all together. then what will be solved?
This. Grow up.

Saeleofu

I think to call a boxer/bulldog mix a pitbull is just plain stupid. Gavroche is boxer and/or American bulldog and I nearly got kicked out of an apartment before for having a "pitbull." My dog is NOT a pitbull, thank you very much. I have the DNA test, AKC and UKC papers, and vet records to prove it.

I have nothing against pitbulls and would love to have one or more some day, but calling whatever mix a pitbull only encourages the labeling of every dog that has short hair and muscles as "pitbull" - and then when a "pitbull" that's not a pitbull at all bites someone, guess what breed gets the bad rap? It's an incredibly stupid thing to do and is NOT helping the bully breeds out in any way.

Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum.
My "unpopular opinion" is that I question the "productive" part.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Mod police? If you don't like it just ignore it, people are aloud to voice their opinions too.

Except all of his information is wrong.

I second the unproductiveness...

So plagiarism is okay, as long as people are nice to him? You may be okay with using other people's work and lying about it.. but I don't think others will.

~Tucker&Me~

I also agree.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

Put me on the agreeing list.

There's no need to be a bully. Take it to PMs.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm not saying plagiarism is ok...
"I am not trying to downplay plagiarism, because it is an issue and a serious one at that."
I don't agree with taking somebody else's work and using it as your own.

I am saying that OBVIOUSLY the way they are going about it is not going to fix what they are so annoyed about. The little comments and jabs have been going on for a while and what has changed? Nothing.

On the note that "People are allowed to voice their opinions" lol this is just me voicing mine..
I mean, go ahead, if it really makes the people that are doing it feel better, then whatever. Do as you please, I am not the bully police or a mod.

I am just saying, that there are probably much better ways to get the issue resolved than to dish out passive aggressive comments
He has not responded to a SINGLE ONE of these comments, not ONE. So why continue? Obviously it's not working
I'm just saying, you would probably be better off just TALKING TO HIM about the issue.
Why feed the drama llama?

You don't even have to be NICE about it if that's so hard. Just talk about it. Say what you mean and what you think is wrong instead of just skirting around the issue/making little comments about it constantly.

As for him being productive? He posts. He is productive.

If his info is wrong, then hell, say something about it. Help EDUCATE. It's what this forum is supposed to be about.

*Shrug* I don't really care at the end of the day lol do as you please.

Last edited:

Dekka

Just try me..
Your pit bulls are awesome.

People have said things. What do you do keep ignoring? I wondered if he had another dog. Fran YOU were the one who said his dog was a pit bull. I was correcting you.

Not everything is about snark.

How do you know PMs were or weren't sent?

People have pointed it out that its wrong. He doesn't care. In many threads people have pointed to facts, studies, examples. He doesn't care. In PM he doesn't care.

Why should I have to ignore lies and mis information because Fran feels it a but upsetting? I mean sure if people don't try to educate first..

But this is a member who steals info for his blog, who plagerizes, who helps with misinformation about a breed that can scant afford it.. and who likes by his own words "to stir things up"

Since he has said he likes to stir things up perhaps you, Fran, should let him speak for himself. If you like to side with people like this fine. (and I still like you its not personal) perhaps you should just ignore it?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Your pit bulls are awesome.

People have said things. What do you do keep ignoring? I wondered if he had another dog. Fran YOU were the one who said his dog was a pit bull. I was correcting you.

Not everything is about snark.

How do you know PMs were or weren't sent?

People have pointed it out that its wrong. He doesn't care. In many threads people have pointed to facts, studies, examples. He doesn't care. In PM he doesn't care.

Why should I have to ignore lies and mis information because Fran feels it a but upsetting? I mean sure if people don't try to educate first..

But this is a member who steals info for his blog, who plagerizes, who helps with misinformation about a breed that can scant afford it.. and who likes by his own words "to stir things up"

Since he has said he likes to stir things up perhaps you, Fran, should let him speak for himself. If you like to side with people like this fine. (and I still like you its not personal) perhaps you should just ignore it?
I don't mean the comments in this thread.. I kind of have been noticing the comments for a while, from various people, and finally was like "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Maybe it's in my nature to assume that he's a nice guy and I felt like he was getting picked on.. I felt like if people had PMed him or spoke to him about it/corrected his info, he would've changed it.

but you're right.. If people have spoken to him/corrected him before than I stand corrected.
I assumed that the info on his blog was stolen by accident and the wrong info was just because he simply didn't know any better. The only comments I had seen towards him were along the lines of very vague-ish "Oh but I hate plagiarism and if people are stealing for blogs than blablabla" so I assumed he just didn't know!
.. now that I know that he has seen/heard differently, I stand corrected and do withdraw my statements.
I took the comments out of context and thought they were how people were handling the issue not how they have resorted to handling it since they have tried everything else.

but you are right, let him speak for himself.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.. I felt like he was trying to fit in here and didn't know any better and was getting picked on. I need to stop thinking of this place as a playground lol

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I think it's kinda impossible to know when you're not plagiarizing when you copy/paste everything.

Members online

No members online now.