Hello! Looking for Guidance :)

Hi, my name is Bridgette. I've been an avid dog lover my whole life, as I'm sure many of you have been too. I have two dogs of my own right now. Bronco is a Boxer/Lab/Mix and he just turned a whole year old the other day. Roxy is a Maltese who is a little over a year. Both are shelter pups, of course :D. I live in Miami-Dade County in southern FL and here we are faced with the overwhelming problem of not only human overpopulation, but animal overpopulation as well. Each year, over 35,000 animals are euthanized at Animal Services due to lack of space and insufficient time to treat medical conditions. Of these thousands, over 600 of them are Pitt Bulls and Pitt Bull-type dogs. The county of Miami-Dade has a ban on Pitt Bulls and any dog falling into the Pitt Bull-type category. When these gorgeous animals enter the Miami-Dade Animal Services shelter, they do not come out. If you have ever met a Pitty who has been graced with a responsible owner, you will know how sweet, loving, and loyal these beautiful dogs are. Sadly, every day they die as a result of man's selfishness. I am in the beginning stages of putting together a rescue organization with which I hope to get some of these poor babies out of death row and into new homes, outside the county. I have volunteered at several other dog rescues over the years, but I have never run a rescue of my own. I have also never dealt with transporting dogs outside the county or state. So I come to you in hopes of help and guidance. Has anyone started a rescue? I really just need all the advice I can get. I look foreward to getting to know you all very much!:D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome to Chaz. You may want to post your question in the rescue section of our board. An idea is to call other rescues by you to see how they operate.

Members online

No members online now.