Doberman or Rottweiler

Fuzz Puppy

Yeah, the rottweiler in your avatar is really beautiful, Rottiegirl. I sort of would like to know where he comes from to since it's a really beautiful dog, rottiegirl. Since he's just so beautiful and adorable. I can't make you tell either. It would be nice to know, though.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She sorta mentioned it on the previous page...pretty much came out of someone's backyard. Lucky shot?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I know, but for all the information given, he may as well have. If he was from a good kennel, I'd be telling everyone about it. But that's just me.

Conversely, I think I saw the worst put together Rottie ever today. Had legs like a Dane and a head that was totally smooth (no wrinkles at all) with a very smoothed-out stop...almost looked like the majority of the BYB lab heads today.

D

Dobiegurl

rottiegirl said:
I have to say that rotties have way more muscle mass than dobes. You might be able to see the dobermans muscles better, because their fur is shorter than a rotties. The dobes that I have seen are pretty slender and I never really noticed much muscle. In my opinion, rotties are more intimidating, because they are twice the size of a dobe, and their head/muzzle is bigger.
I meant that Dobies are more toned with their muscles. I like thin dogs with muscles. Alot of people are more familiar with Rotts because they always run up to and say oh that rott is beautiful assuming that is what Chico is. Rotts are twice the size weight wise and definately have more mass I wouldn't say muscle mass though but I don't think that they are as intimidating as the Doberman. Rotts look fat to me and don't look like they can run as fast as a tall lean Dobie. I really do not like the structure of the rott but thats my opinion. I have seen some good looking rotts before but people stive to make their rott really think and it just doesn't look right in my opinion. And their head and muzzle look like a cute stuffed animal you can cuddle with, not intimiding. They have shorter legs and more mass that doesn't allow them to run as fast as Dobies and I want a dog that can catch the bad guy. Don't get me wrong I've seen some really fat Dobies before that were a disgrace to my breed. But in reality I would fear any dog chasing me.

R

rottiegirl

RedyreRottweilers said:
Rottiegirl, as a fan and eternal student of the breed, it's in my best interest to know who that dog is because he is SO lovely.

He has a head type that is needed in our Gene pool. So not only am I interested in knowing who he is, I'm interested in looking at his pedigree to see where he comes from.

A head that beautiful should really be appreciated. Knowing where it came from would be beneficial in looking at a long term breeding program.

That's why.

I don't understand why you don't wish to say, but if you choose not to, nothing I can do about it.

I have no hidden agenda.

I'd just like to know who the dog is for the above reasons.
Well since you called me "evasive" last time, I thought you suspected me of stealing the picture. Like I said before, the man responsible of producing that dog quit breeding when his father passed away. If I had the ped, I would certainly give it to you, but I just dont have it :( .

R

rottiegirl

Zoom said:
She sorta mentioned it on the previous page...pretty much came out of someone's backyard. Lucky shot?
How do you figure that he just came out of someones back yard? I honestly posted everything that I knew. I wish I knew more...

R

rottiegirl

Dobiegurl said:
I meant that Dobies are more toned with their muscles. I like thin dogs with muscles. Alot of people are more familiar with Rotts because they always run up to and say oh that rott is beautiful assuming that is what Chico is. Rotts are twice the size weight wise and definately have more mass I wouldn't say muscle mass though but I don't think that they are as intimidating as the Doberman. Rotts look fat to me and don't look like they can run as fast as a tall lean Dobie. I really do not like the structure of the rott but thats my opinion. I have seen some good looking rotts before but people stive to make their rott really think and it just doesn't look right in my opinion. And their head and muzzle look like a cute stuffed animal you can cuddle with, not intimiding. They have shorter legs and more mass that doesn't allow them to run as fast as Dobies and I want a dog that can catch the bad guy. Don't get me wrong I've seen some really fat Dobies before that were a disgrace to my breed. But in reality I would fear any dog chasing me.
A lot of rotties have weight problems, but that is the owners fault. I have seen way too many that were very over weight. Rotties are not supposed to be fat. They are supposed to be pure muscle. I completely understand where you are coming from though.

I have seen many rotties that could run just as fast as any dobe. I think their mass fools some people. People think they are slow, but they could easily catch a running person any day! Bears are huge and they have a lot of body fat, but they can run up to 40 mph.

I think a rotties head looks like a cute stuffed bear when the are puppies, but not when they are full grown. Then they look like a grizzly bear, lol. If I had to choose... I would rather be attacked by a dobe than a rottie, just because they are sooo powerful, and their jaws are stronger in my opinion.

R

RedyreRottweilers

If you had nothing to hide, you would say who the dog is.

But don't worry.

I'm going to FIND OUT who he is, and then the picture will be sooooo much clearer, won't it?

R

RedyreRottweilers

Is stealing photographs without giving credit immature?

The larger one in her profile still has the PHOTOGRAPHER'S COPYRIGHT ON IT!

That photographer is a professional dog photographer in Eastern Europe.

Debi

RedyreRottweilers said:
Is stealing photographs without giving credit immature?

The larger one in her profile still has the PHOTOGRAPHER'S COPYRIGHT ON IT!

That photographer is a professional dog photographer in Eastern Europe.

you just have too much time on your hands. :rolleyes:

D

Dobiegurl

rottiegirl said:
A lot of rotties have weight problems, but that is the owners fault. I have seen way too many that were very over weight. Rotties are not supposed to be fat. They are supposed to be pure muscle. I completely understand where you are coming from though.

I have seen many rotties that could run just as fast as any dobe. I think their mass fools some people. People think they are slow, but they could easily catch a running person any day! Bears are huge and they have a lot of body fat, but they can run up to 40 mph.

I think a rotties head looks like a cute stuffed bear when the are puppies, but not when they are full grown. Then they look like a grizzly bear, lol. If I had to choose... I would rather be attacked by a dobe than a rottie, just because they are sooo powerful, and their jaws are stronger in my opinion.
Well, most of the Rotts I've seen were fat and in my opinion a disgrace to your breed. I have seen some nice looking Rotts but the beautiful Rott picture is usually destroyed by overweight Rotties. I wouldn't want to get attacked by any dog period, from a Chihuahua to a Great Dane, I'll pass on the dog attack. Any larger dog has the power and ability to leave serious damage even small dogs can leave permanent scars. I think Dobies have a better grip because their muzzles are are longer and can grab more without having their face get in the way. We can probably go back and forth all day but we are bias to our beloved breeds. I will always pick a Dobie over a Rott but thats because I love Dobermans. And don't be fooled by the Dobermans lean physique, they are very powerful animals.

bubbatd

Redy... I really don't see what the problem is. We know it's not her dog and she doesn't know the kennel. I didn't see any copyright stamp.

R

RedyreRottweilers

No. But *I* know the kennel now.

I'm just waiting for confirmation.

She does not have permission to use these COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS.

This is the reason why she does not want to say who the dog is.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
RedyreRottweilers said:
No. But *I* know the kennel now.

I'm just waiting for confirmation.

She does not have permission to use these COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS.

This is the reason why she does not want to say who the dog is.
Is it just me is anyone else confused as to why this is such a big deal? So she has a picture of a Rott OH NO. It's not like she is passing it off as her own. Is it really worth all the effort you are putting into it just so someone can say oh no she can't use that picture tsk tsk bad girl. It's a picture :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.